We are looking for a Diagnostic Imaging Clerk Specialist - National Union of Healthcare Workers with the MRI at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 40 Biweekly hours
Shift: 10 Hour - Day shiftJob Summary:
Under the direction of the Department Director, Manager and Radiology Clerical Supervisor, the Clerical Specialist assists physicians and department
employees in providing optimal care for diagnostic imaging patients. Maintains efficient patient flow, records management and scheduling in accordance with department standards. Provides receptionist and secretarial services. Receives researches and responds to court subpoenas. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff, possessing abilities to communicate in an age-appropriate manner. Skills:
Minimum Position Qualifications:Education:
- Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
- Effectively communicates, in an age-appropriate manner, with physicians, customers and employees, both in person and by telephone.
- Reads and comprehends written instructions.
- Able to interpret procedure requisitions, short correspondence, memorandums, and procedure preparations and contraindications.
- Possesses a moderate knowledge base of computer fundamentals related to data entry, retrieval and imaging technologies.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize successfully.
- Adapts to a busy, stressful environment with only minimal direct supervision
High School graduate or certified equivalency (GED)
Familiarity with office procedures and computer fundamentals Preferred Position Qualifications:Experience:
Two years of secretarial or general office experience
- Basic familiarity with diagnostic imaging procedures to facilitate appropriate scheduling
- Basic knowledge of general medical and radiologic terminology
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.