The position will provide support to all Safety and Wellness activities and programs for the Winfield, Kansas operations. This position will provide support to the Plant Leadership Team in achieving their goal to eliminate work related injuries. Support includes evaluation of the worksite, training in safety and OSHA related matters, proactive analysis of loss experience and recommendations regarding worksite safety practices. Essential Duties:
- Develops and implements company health and safety procedures, processes and programs which ensure the safety of the operation, which are compliant with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and other local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Leads the behavior-based safety process for the facility.
- Develops and implements safety awareness programs, which are behavior-based and contribute to increased awareness of core safety program elements.
- Participate in the investigation, documentation and analysis of accidents and injuries and maintains a follow-up system to ensure corrective action is promptly implemented.
- Leads, develops or coordinates supervisory, new hire, and contractor training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
- Responsible for serving as a technical resource to support associates, at all levels, on safety-related issues.
- Analyzes and assesses plant safety trend data to drive safety resource allocation and ergonomic initiatives to reduce injuries.
- Maintains good relationships with Workers' compensation TPA's and manages claims, including return to work practices.
- Facilitates, develops and maintains existing safety programs to improve on the SEAL (Safety Excellence and Leadership) assessment score year over year.
- Maintains OSHA log, written safety plans, training records and other reporting requirements.
- Conducts or coordinates a critical task assessment for the facility. Act as a resource to the Leadership Team in assisting them to implement written Job Safety Analysis for tasks that are identified as critical tasks, within their departments.
- Responsible for inspecting the facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Manages the development of programs/events that build awareness, motivate associates to participate in plant wellness initiatives and improve the overall health of our associates. Recruit and select associates to participate as members of the Associate Wellness Team, and build a wellness culture within our plant.
- Conducts/participates in department meetings and promotes an open line of communication with other team members.
- Complete special assignments and projects on an as needed basis.
- Technical Experience and other Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S, Safety Engineering, Human Resources, or other relevant technical fields required.
- Three to five years of related safety and/or occupational health experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of results in a fast changing environment. Action oriented - results driven.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal safety regulations and job safety analysis required.
- Experience with behavior-based safety processes preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Workers' Compensation case management including transition to work programs.
- Strong leadership, coaching and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and management.
- Ability to gain employee commitment to site and company objectives.
- Demonstrates integrity and credibility in all aspects of responsibility.
- Works collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, under the guidance of the Director of Operations within the stated objectives and guidelines of the company.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 564861280Posted: 2020-12-16