Location: Good Samaritan Society Arlington
Address: 100 Powell Dr, Arlington, OH 45814-0710 USA
Employment Type: Part-Time
New Updated Wages! We have an opening for a Part Time Cook to join our Good Samaritan Society Team. This position would be working days and every other weekend. We're committed to getting you off to a great start with a solid orientation, and committed team members! If you are looking for a Flexible Part Time job with a great work environment look no further!
- Coordinates production, prepares and serves nutritious, appealing meals to residents following orders, standards, and regulations. Assists with development of pleasing and unique recipes and menu creation.
- Maintains continuous quality improvement of meals prepared and served daily. Responsible for kitchen/dining management as assigned, including delegation of kitchen cleanliness and education/training of cleaning policies.
- Observes, measures, and documents information as assigned. Receives and shares information; observes and reports resident conditions to appropriate staff. Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their service plans.
- Keeps residents' dining areas pleasant and orderly. Checks equipment before use and notifies supervisors or maintenance staff of problems. Operates dishwashing and kitchen equipment safely.
- Notifies appropriate staff of problems, uses safe lifting techniques, immediately cleans up spills, and demonstrates proper use of chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing and appropriate use of kitchen tools and procedures.
- Work at special events (i.e., open houses, group meetings, special meals, brunches etc.) as needed; sets up and cleans dining room, multi-purpose rooms or other rooms as needed; helps prepare and serve food for special events.
- Follows location infection control procedures and OSHA and CDC guidelines that apply to blood borne pathogens while serving food, assisting residents and cleaning. Washes hands per facility guidelines, performs cleaning duties in kitchen and dining area; may include dishwashing. Cleans and sanitizes equipment as assigned.
- Prior work experience in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets or related experience in a similar type of setting is preferred. Ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Certification as a food protection manager by ServSafe or other equivalent ANSI approved program is preferred before assuming duties of person in charge.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend. Able to demonstrate knowledge of food-borne disease prevention and apply food safety principles.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req41776
Posting ID: 560161793Posted: 2020-06-11