Adventist HealthCare Rehabilitation seeks to hire an experienced Athletic Trainer for our Rehabilitation Department who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Rehab Athletic Trainer you will:
• Provide event coverage at an assigned MCPS High School
• Attend athletic games and practices & coordinate outside care and treatments
• Educate student athletes on injuries and conditions; evaluate chronic injuries/conditions
• Instruction of rehabilitation exercises & supervision of athletes' return to activity
• Application of protective and prophylactic devices
• On-field assessment of acute athletic injuries
• Advise athletes on proper use of equipment
• Educate athletes on nutritional aspects of performance
• Coordinate/Activate Emergency Action Plan
• Accurately document all daily treatments, injuries, and referrals
• Work alongside Physicians in the AHC Outpatient gym
• Current Maryland athletic training license required
• Current NATABOC certification required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
• Demonstrated competence in treatments, appropriate documentation and meeting
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Part-time at 32 hours/week
Event coverage Monday to Friday between 2:00pm - 9:00pm and occasional Saturdays between 10:00am - 2:30pm
*Event coverage at any one of our 13 schools:
Albert Einstein High School
Clarksburg High School
John F. Kennedy High School
Northwest High School
Paint Branch High School
Poolesville High School
Richard Montgomery High School
Rockville High School
Springbrook High School
Thomas S. Wootton High School
Watkins Mill High School
Wheaton High School
Winston Churchill High School
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 586650503Posted: 2020-12-05