Allied Universal is looking to hire an Training Manager. The Training Manager will support and manage training for Amazon Corporate Security's GSOC. This is a full-time contracted position that is located in National Landing.
Job Title: Training Manager
Department: Amazon Corporate Security
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The purpose of the Training Manager position is to provide administrative support for the training operations as well as assist with managing training services, operations and functions within the training team. The Training Manager will primarily focus on the distribution of training content, implementation of a planned training schedule and any changes or updates to that schedule, as well as detailed editing and correction of produced content. This person will coordinate a team of training staff as they produce training material content and administer scheduled training sessions to the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) team. The Training Manager reports to the Training Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain tracking of training scheduling for a varied levels of sessions which include weekly update sessions, bi-weekly improvement training, special goal training, and department training services. The Training Coordinator will follow guidance on production scheduling and content maintenance, including updating special requests that may come from the client management team
- Work with team members to actively maintain, update, and provide visibility of information with system tracking documents and databases
- Work with Training manager to implement training schedule of relevant and current material that avoids repetition and improves the team's performance. This will include both editing and building of core materials
- Review materials to assure accuracy and compliance with most recent guidelines and that aligns with quality assurance measures and testing
- Attend training classes as an observer or in tandem with the Training Manager - provide feedback to trainers and guide training presentations to meet set quality levels
- Present training designed to serve other departments and to train new trainers on proper practices and conduct of core courses
- Schedule training support for individuals who need to make up missed training sessions, and work with Training Manager to identify scheduling issues for resolution.
- Maintain a core level of daily duty functional practice to provide training insights to management and assist in the construction and implementation of new training projects
- Implement various testing projects related to identified content and make changes/updates as directed by management towards targeted improvement and accuracy outcomes
- Associate degree and/or 1-3 years of relevant training work experience
- Experience conducting Training Needs Assessments and developing training plans.
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication and written skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a matrix reporting structure
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership and managing education projects
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and programs to include Word, Excel, Outlook
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2-3 years in security, military or related field with strong administrative/management experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret workflow processes and policies and make sound judgments based on those interpretations
- Experience and knowledge of national level education policies
- Experience and knowledge of ad-hoc, local and national level education programs
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment driven by software systems and processes
- Strong track record of effective communications and customer service with both internal and external clients, customers, coworkers, and all levels of management
- Aptitude to quickly learn new systems and software
- Experience in operating in an operations center environment, safety and security functions
- Experience with working in organizations providing critical systems or operational support
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 578063073Posted: 2020-10-16