The Director of Quality Control is responsible for the mitigation of risk through best in class quality control approach.
- Provide proactive leadership to ensure best in class quality control culture
- Develop a strategic plan that clearly articulates Company's quality control vision, objectives, and strategy.
- Implement a quality control plan based upon the strategic plan outlining Company policy and procedure. Incorporate the Three Phase of Control (ACOE program) in the plan to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, industry standards and to mitigate risk.
- Develop a high performance, customer-oriented quality control team, through hiring, coaching and training.
- Develop and implement a quality control training program to meet internally and externally (client & regulating entities) requirements to ensure staff has the training to perform tasks and meet role performance expectations
- Participate in the Company's Subcontractor Default Insurance (SDI) risk mitigation program providing past performance references for subcontractors' quality of work, risk mitigation efforts during construction and commitment to correction of work.
- Monitor the quality control process on projects corporately by conducting inspections and analyzing deficiency reports to identify opportunities to develop preventive and corrective practices.
- Assure documentation of site meetings, including but not limited to owners, subcontractors, and quality control meetings is completely, accurate and timely
- Assure documentation for close-out as-builts, O & M manuals, punch list, rework lists and subcontractor completion is completely, accurate and timely.
- Develop annual budget for quality control functions and training.
- Provide leadership of quality control managers and other responsible for quality control on each project.
- Enforce the company safety program in accordance with the company's best practice policies, local, state, and federal laws.
- Actively participate in industry organizations at board or committee level; represent the Company at networking functions, career fairs, trade shows, etc.
- Use latest technology and software to complete projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience, and Special Skills Required-
- Degree in Architecture and/or Structural, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or other Construction Industry Related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing and coordinating submittal processes and performing quality control inspections of the work with a minimum of 5 years of construction experience.
- OSHA 30 hour, First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Prolog, Bluebeam as well as an understanding of Primavera scheduling and BIM.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work.
- Ability to perform all duties in a digital/paperless environment.
Individuals should be able to reach above and below, stoop and bend, sit, walk and stand. Individuals should also be able to lift, carry and/or moving items up to 75lbs. May be exposed to heavy machinery/equipment, hazardous chemicals and extreme weather conditions. Minimum of 40 hours per week required. Works hours will vary depending on project requirements and may involve weekends and night work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work required. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job. Successful candidate will seek additional duties to master.
Posting ID: 565051692Posted: 2020-08-05