Career Opportunities with Whitney, Bradley and Brown
Decisive Analytics a WBB Company has a contract supporting Mission Engineering: Evolving Acquisition to support the warfighter.
The office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering or USD (R&E) requires mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce objective insights and analytic justification to inform future technology and capability investment decisions within the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process and aid in the prioritization, alignment and validation of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to deliver modernized capabilities that enable an all domain joint force aligned with future Joint Warfighting Concepts.
Qualified Candidates will assess capability gaps and needs by mission versus system or Service and will focus on outcome rather than process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applying experience and expertise in cutting edge technologies and application of technologies into new and innovative warfighting capabilities
- Supporting OUSD(R&E) industry engagements and conferences / symposium to discuss mission engineering
- Conducting mission engineering and analysis studies to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives
- Supporting the OUSD(R&E) Modernization Assistant Directors to help develop their technology roadmaps to fill warfighter capability gaps
- Supporting the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) by reviewing Capability Based Assessments & capability requirement documents, participating in Joint Staff working groups, and preparing OUSD(R&E) principals for data driven decision meetings
- Supporting the integration of mission engineering activities across a range of OUSD(R&E), Joint Staff, DoD, Industry, and Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) stakeholders
- Supporting the development of joint concepts of operation s /concepts of employment ( CONOPs / CONEMPS) by participating in Wargaming, Tabletop Exercises, and workshops; assisting with scenario development and technology/capability content; and attending exercises to inform plans and strategies that will inform mission engineering analysis
- Applying in-depth technical knowledge and experience with existing and future advanced DoD weapon systems and their capabilities, concept of operations, limitations, and upgrade capacities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Master of Science degree in an engineering discipline
- twenty (20) years of DoD experience in engineering
- Developed system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems
- Experience leading the planning and execution of complex mission and systems analysis efforts and applying technologies; system capabilities, performance, and/or operations related to one or more of the following areas:
- Joint force application and integration; land, sea, air, and space platforms
- Offensive, defensive, kinetic and directed energy weapons from all domains
- Sensors for ISR and fire control
- Cyberwarfare / communication networks
- Electromagnetic spectrum management - to include electronic warfare and 5G; automation applications; command, control, and battle management; and/or fires - close air support, long range fires, targeting, air and missile defense
- Ability to apply critical thinking to prepare written reports and presentations for senior-level officials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and writing) skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience leading Systems Engineering (SE) tasks including Technology Analysis and Assessment, System Definition, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture development and architecture products for Systems of Systems (SoS), kill chain analysis, SE trade-space and analysis to define capability gaps, Modeling and Simulation activities for mission improvement, and Logistics support of Department of Defense (DoD) systems
- Interfaced with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results
- Served as a chief engineer or lead systems engineer for a major defense acquisition program development effort
- Worked on a Major Defense Acquisition Program in a government program office or industry
TRAVEL : 10%
KEY WORDS :
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer's toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company's hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Posting ID: 567250159Posted: 2020-08-09