Join Kelly Services for an immediate opportunity for Assemblers
for a local biotechnology company in Asheville, NC 28804 (near Weaverville).
First Shift: 6:00am-4:30pm, when they return to eight hours, the shift will end at 2:30pm
Second Shift: 4:30pm-3:00am, when they return to eight hours, the shift will end at 1:00am
First Shift: $14.00/hour
Second Shift: $14.75/hour
Day 1 Start at 8am– 3pm
Days 2 – 5 Start at 6am – 2:30pm
Position Summary: Works on a production line manufacturing product. Performs a wide variety of product assembly operations on product components, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Follows standard operating procedures in the production / assembly process according to design specifications and company quality standards. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant.
- Selects appropriate components, aligns, and assembles them in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts, braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications in accordance to Sequence of Events (SOE). Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components recognizing color codes to insure that wiring and other color-coded procedures meet guidelines. Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate assembly. Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have been made according to order and part number.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, and drill press. Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to ensure safe handling and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around chemicals.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts and maintains inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors’ new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete online training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions.
- 6 months of manufacturing/assembly experienced preferred but not required/
Preferred Qualifications: Manufacturing and experience using small hand and power tools is preferred.
This opportunity is supported by a remote recruiter. Please apply online if interested in the opportunity.
#Assemblers #Technician #HVAC Technician #plumber #Wire harness assembler #Assembly #Electronic Technician #Brazing technician #solder #soldering # pipe fitter #apprentice #productionâ?? #hand tools #power tools #wiring #sensors
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.