Apex Systems is currently seeking a Lab Tech in the Asheville, NC area. Please contact Maddy Bewick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 980-349-7967 or Stephen Frazer at email@example.com or at 704-728-0842
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyzing or preparing samples in an efficient and organized manner
- Preparing reagents and standards.
- Keeping logbooks up-to-date.
- Keeping the laboratory clean and safe (must have knowledge of safety rules).
- Disposing of samples and chemicals.
- Waste handling duties to include: labeling containers, understanding storage time limits, performing proper satellite accumulation, ensuring adequate space between waste containers, ensuring all waste containers are closed and incompatible materials are stored separately, understanding secondary containment, and documenting weekly inspections, if applicable.
- Assisting other lab personnel with analysis, data checking and approval, and handling simple calculations.
- Attending company and divisional meetings.
- Providing maintenance of stock reagents and lab supplies.
- Working on special projects with supervision of chemist or manager.
- Promoting cooperation and teamwork among staff.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent; experience of less than two years with familiarity of laboratory procedures preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbal communications.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands: Employees are expected to meet the physical demands representative of the job functions listed in this document for the applicable job title. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job title.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Work Environment: Work environment characteristics listed in this document are representative of (but not all inclusive of) what an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions related to this job title. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job title based on this work environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 561864751Posted: 2020-12-30