OCEANX IS CURRENTLY HIRING FOR OUR FULL-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST POSITION IN ARDEN NC! WE ARE SEEKING HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND DETAIL ORIENTED CANDIDATES TO JOIN THE TALENTED TEAM IN OUR NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER.
Who is OceanX
OceanX is a technology platform company in the growing space of physical membership. Based in Silicon Beach, we provide Direct to Consumer focused systems, fulfillment and customer experience management for great brands who want to offer a subscription model. Unsurpassed transparency, hyper-focus on the customer and deep subscription management experience set us apart.
More than just great employees, we want to hire great people. We are going to be spending a LOT of time together, so we want you to know our expectations up front:
• Smart, quick learner – we have lots of things we do and don’t slow down too often
• Gets things done – efficient and organized
• We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
• Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions
• Enjoy the occasional office banter and biweekly visiting food trucks
Job Summary (Primary Function)
Under general supervision of the Operations Command Center NOC (Network Operations Center) Manager, monitors and provides technical support for certain aspects of the OceanX technical eco system, including physical networks, and warehouse technology systems.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
1. Works within a 24/7/365 team tasked with network monitoring of cloud infrastructure health and capacity, order management systems services, telecom network, contact center systems operations and services.
2. Provides internal and client facing support for all OceanX systems, and platforms including reporting by collecting necessary information from users to understand and facilitate resolution of issues in person or remotely.
3. Monitors network connections across the LAN/WAN to ensure appropriate connectivity, bandwidth, and utilization.
4. Identifies, researches, resolves or escalates technical problems of moderate to heavy complexity with detailed steps to reproduce and business impact.
5. Responds to telephone and on-line requests for technical support.
6. Documents, tracks, and monitors issues using applicable systems and tools.
7. Coordinates with other technical teams or departments to resolve user problems.
8. Provides excellent customer-service and do everything possible to resolve support tickets in a timely manner.
9. Adheres to support procedures and respects security/privacy regulations when handling sensitive data.
10. Performs timely follow-up with customers to ensure resolution and close out incidents in the tracking system.
11. Detects trends and patterns in incidents, provides ad hoc reports and works with teams to investigate and implement solutions.
12. Performs monitoring/auditing activities across the enterprise and identifies trends and/or the possible impact to production systems.
13. Communicates with team members and management for overall efficiency and optimal performance.
14. Proactive decision making (i.e. Making decisions early to prevent revenue loss).
15. Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
16. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
17. Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned to this position at the manager’s discretion to facilitate efficiencies within the department.
Job Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Ability)
· Degree or equivalent work experience preferred (Information systems/technologies background preferred).
· 2-4 years of related service desk/triaging experience required.
· Working knowledge and proficiency using Personal Computers (PC specific, not MAC) including the skills necessary to understand and communicate with computers (hardware and software basics, file management, computer networks, email and the Internet). Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) a necessity.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills needed to collaborate with internal and external contacts a necessity.
· Efficiency in spelling and grammar is a necessity.
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills required.
· Knowledge of network topologies.
· Knowledge of order management systems a plus.
· Knowledge of cloud based computing such as AWS, Azure, or others.
· Ability to operate efficiently in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment a necessity.
· Ability to use critical thinking skills to make business impacting decisions such as setting priority status, a necessity.
Contact with Others
· Regular contact via phone, chat, IM, and/or email etc., with end users both external and internal regarding technology issues, and/or request for access to systems and/or password resets. Monitoring the network and applications.
· Works with some confidential data including individual CSA statistics, schedules and cost information. Appropriate discretion is required.
Responsibility for Accuracy
· Failure to maintain timely and accurate reporting of production issues could result in negative impact to customers and clients.
· Little physical effort required. Some various lifting, carrying, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, stooping, and kneeling requirements necessary up to 25% of the time. Sitting required 75% of the time.
Mental and/or Visual Demand
· Requires close application of thought processes for sustained periods. May involve problems of correlation of application of reports, statistics or other data. Manual coordination may also be required.
· Actively monitoring a variety of systems on multiple monitors on a consistent basis.
Resourcefulness / Initiative
· Objectives are clearly outlined and are regular and recurring. May select method that will accomplish assignment in most efficient manner.
· Must take the initiative to meet demands of the business without direct supervision when appropriate.
5. WORKING CONDITIONS
· Exposed to normal office environment.
Each employee is expected to work in a cooperative manner with management/supervision, co-workers, customers and vendors.
Work Schedule: 40 Hours/Sun-Wed, 12:00pm-10:30pm
Training Schedule: 80 Hours/Mon-Fri, 10:00am-6:30pm (On the Job Training- Must be flexible and accommodating)
OCEANX, LLC OFFERS A GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE AND PAID TRAINING TO INCLUDE:
•401 (k) w/Company Match
•Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
•Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
•Flexible Spending Program
•Paid Time Off
•Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
•Employee Anniversary Recognition
•Weekly Visiting Food Truck Vendors
•AND Paid Training
OceanX also offers candidates the option for growth within the company via our Career Path Opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to be considered for this position, we encourage you to apply today. Please note that OceanX requires a hard-copy resume to be provided via the application process. We cannot consider you for the position without one attached.
OceanX requires successful results of Background and Employment Checks as part of any conditional offer.
We invite you to consider a place that shares in Great Accomplishments and to be a part of a Company with Endless Possibilities where Everyone Belongs!