The Reservationist is responsible for booking rooms for prospective guests.
* Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
* Make and confirm reservations for accommodations and compute cost.
* Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Previous experience in customer service.
* Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
* Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem-solve.
* Basic math skills and the ability to operate basic office equipment.
* Exceptional customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist guests and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
* Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
* Ability to sit at a desk and monitor phones for extended periods of time.
* Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
* Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
* Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a customer service environment.
* Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
* Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
* Reservations system. POS system.
Posting ID: 561363228Posted: 2020-07-10