Under direction of Manager, provide excellence in the gift shop and food service operations, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, cost control, and sales. Complete guest transactions and assist employees with voids, corrections and related situations in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner. Manage the lodge in the absence of the Manager.
* Monitor, problem solve, and supervise workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all tasks daily.
* Assist in recruiting, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff at the direction of the General Manager. Train hourly staff for peak performance and monitor staff's development.
* Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner; assist clerks with same.
* Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests' complaints and solve them according to customer service standards and completing sales on register.
* Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing.
* Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, inventory, housekeeping, sanitation, cash control, dress, and employee hygiene.
* Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
* Assist management team with inventory procedures as directed.
* Perform opening and/or closing procedures.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
* Receive and verify quantities of food stock and merchandise, organize and stock store, set displays.
* Assist in maintenance of department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports.
* Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
* ServeSafe Manager and MAST/TIPS Certifications required.
* National Park gift shop and/or food service experience strongly preferred. At least 1-2 years of experience in retail.
* Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
* Able to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal.
* Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
* Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
* Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
* Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
* Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
* Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
* Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
* Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
* Food service and retail PO
To view the full job description, click here