DescriptionGeorgia State University is committed to providing outstanding culturally competent, evidence-based care for college students on our growing campus community and is seeking an Associate Director to provide leadership for Georgia State University Health Clinics. The Associate Director reports to the Medical Director. The position is based at the Downtown Atlanta campus but provides oversight/management across multiple campuses located in Atlanta, Clarkston, and Dunwoody. The Associate Director is responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating the administrative staff at multiple clinic locations. This position will also address staff issues and administer staff leave requests, adjusting schedules as needed during team members absences, monitor attendance, and overtime.
The university offers a competitive benefits package, a retirement program and tuition reimbursement for qualified staff. Ranked #2 in the nation as most innovative by US News and World Report, Georgia State university is one of the United States largest and most diverse universities in the United States.
The scope of responsibility will include these specific duties but it not limited to the following,
- Will conduct regular performance reviews and will be responsible for evaluating team member needs to ensure adequate staffing; will prioritize and/or manage team member workload, appropriately assigning duties to them.
- Will oversee the selection of equipment used at the facility and ensure that it works properly and is appropriately maintained. Will supervise the selection, ordering, and inventory of supplies. Will oversee the financial aspects of the clinic, such as billing and accounting to ensure quick, efficient, and appropriate reimbursement for all services rendered. Will be responsible for supervising clinical payments and deposits. Will analyze requisitions, purchases, and other business information. Will also manage the clinic budgets.
- Will help to or develop, implement and enforce administrative and clinical policies and procedures for the practice. Will be responsible for ensuring that staff members are aware of these policies. Will ensure that laws that guide health practice are always adhered to by regularly reviewing office policies and ensuring that all provider licenses are up-to-date, and that the office meets all safety standards. Will also develop, maintain, and review clinical workflows.
- It may also be necessary for the Associate Director to use contractors and vendors for their services, such as temporary staff or laboratory services. Will ensure that these relationships are maintained and will be responsible for contract development and adherence.
- Oversees the development and implementation of marketing materials and the clinic website; will make sure that educational pamphlets and brochures of services are readily available for patients.
- Will fill in to perform immunizations, triage patients or administer medications as needed.
- Will be a super-user in the electronic medical records system.
- Will need to regularly produce utilization, performance, and patient satisfaction reports.
QualificationsMaster's degree in Nursing and three years of related experience. A current valid Georgia Nurse Practitioner License and a basic/current Cardiac Life Support certificate is required.
College/Business Unit08/02/20, 9:59:00 PMCollege/Business Unit:
Atlanta CampusJob Posting:
07/16/20, 8:11:53 AM
Posting ID: 566596346Posted: 2020-08-12