DescriptionThis position requires great flexibility since it operates on a 24/7 basis.
• Various shifts;
• Answers the emergency and non-emergency phones and radios in the police communications center, and dispatches police officers via police radio as the report or complaint dictates.
• Maintains various logs, and forms of all calls, reports, or complaints according to standard police procedures.
• Maintains logs, written and computerized via CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) System. Dispatches appropriate personnel for reports of incidents or complaints and/or route the information to the appropriate agencies.
• Greets the public and provides information about the campus.
• Receives incoming telephone calls from callers seeking general information about school closures, department hours, etc.
• Enters and receives data from NCIC/GCIC and check Criminal] History backgrounds for applicants and suspects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED, no felony convictions. Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation and take a pre-employment drug screen.
College/Business Unit01/20/21, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Police/Security Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 01/06/21, 12:16:17 PM
Posting ID: 598918145Posted: 2021-01-18