Works under the direct supervision of the dietary manager/administrator.
Assures cleanliness of kitchen, equipment, and dishes. Assists in warming or
preparing certain foods. Assists in cooking, ONLY, if so directed. Assists in food storing and placing. Bussing
tables and serving food. Follows orders of dietary supervisor and complete
other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Administrator/Director
cleaning of kitchen area. Kitchen maintained in an uncluttered, clean and orderly
manner, areas including:
b. Attention to napkins etc
c. Careful of wet floors in resident and staff areas to assure resident safety
2. Assist with menu planning and or preparation only when requested or in the absence of
dietary supervisor. This should be done in accordance with nutritional needs.
3. Knowledge of diabetic or special dietary needs.
4. Elimination of unpleasant odors.
5. Maintaining supplies of soap, paper towels and tissue in appropriate areas.
6. Emptying and cleaning of trash can.
7. Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical safety of each
8. Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to residents and
9. Assures careful treatment and cleaning of facility equipment and utilization of
10. Assist in bussing tables and serving food. Attend job-related in-service education
programs or staff meetings.
11. Assure that all cleaning supplies are kept locked when not in use.
12. Assist the dining area when requested or designated.
13. Serve the residents meals in the dining area.
14. Assist in bussing the tables and cleaning the dining rooms.
15. Assist with other duties as directed.
16. Follow orders as directed by first line supervisor or other administrators.