The Human Resources Manager is a senior level position and is a great opportunity for someone interested in building and designing the HR function and department. The position requires the willingness and ability to jump into detail as well as work independently, think strategically and identify, develop and implement processes and procedures to support long term growth.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Enhance the organization's human resources functionality by working with Company's PEO on planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Oversee employee performance program to include annual performance appraisals, ongoing performance management, and employee improvement and development plans to maximize employee growth.
- Communicate with, advise, and support managers and supervisors on employee improvement concerns and development plans and steps to create consistency and align with company culture.
- Work with Insperity to manage day-to-day benefit administration to include medical, life insurance, disability, workers compensation, and the 401(k) plan as well as yearly compliance reporting and audits.
- Manage employee participation in benefits programs, communicate benefits to employees and recommend changes or enhancements in offered benefits to keep Company options in line with or ahead of market trends.
- Manage the hiring process including recruiting, screening, interviews, candidate selection, and onboarding, and revise process for efficiency where necessary.
- Review, and maintain files for all job descriptions to reflect current job responsibilities and reporting sequence.
- Project lead on implementation of company safety programs and OSHA required tracking and reporting.
- Keep up to date on current labor market trends, including salaries and employee benefits, to ensure Company is remaining competitive.
- Manage and oversee the company's wage and salary structure including bonuses and raises and recommend revisions in line with employee performance, the organizational chart, the annual budget, and the local market.
- Manage employee-related databases and human resource and payroll records to ensure accurate employee data including personal information, wages, benefits, paid time off, etc.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and reports as required.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and help ensure positive communication with staff, coworkers, vendors, agencies, owners, and the community.
- Project a professional image in all aspects of work performance, which includes, but is not limited to personal habits, demeanor, and attire.
- Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10-15 years progressive experience in human resources and payroll.
- Experience in the construction industry strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and results-driven.
- Desire and ability to learn new concepts.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do attitude and ability to multitask.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Management, or related field.
- Specialized training in employment law, organizational development, employee relations, and compensation is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low/quiet.
Posting ID: 597610864Posted: 2021-03-08