At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish - but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we're looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Major Accounts Systems Engineering Director (SED), South Region, reports to the Area Vice President of Major Accounts Systems Engineering for the Americas and will lead our team of Systems Engineers (SE) who are the go-to technical experts assisting the sales team in generating growth.
This position will require a business savvy individual with a strong background in security platform, application architecture, and sales coupled with a successful track record in team management.
- Partner with the Regional Vice President of Sales to drive enterprise-wide sales-related initiatives within our largest and most strategic accounts
- Oversee technical pre-sales operations and achieve revenue generation, individual, team, and organizational quotas
- Interact at a senior level with customers and partners and provide valuable insight into industry trends, customer challenges, technical evolutions, and business changes that will help the customer make their security decisions
- Understand and articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial challenges faced by our prospects and customers that the Palo Alto Networks solution addresses
- Ensure effective account planning is being executed across the teams to deliver compelling business-focused solutions that address customers' security needs.
- Develop and own outcome-oriented Systems Engineering initiatives that drive pipeline and sales with your AVP, RVPs, Systems Engineering Managers (SEMs) and SEs to drive greater efficiencies and success within the Area
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Palo Alto Networks' partners (reseller, distribution, system integrators, and alliances) and drive and measure initiatives to improve sales productivity through partner leverage
- Lead portfolio expansion initiatives, with factual results upselling subscriptions and strategic solutions
- Ensure the teams develop deep ongoing relationships across their accounts to drive adoption and growth across the portfolio after the initial sale
- Metric-based results should be evident across all areas of focus
- Report and make visible the successes and deficiencies of the initiatives within your area
- Pristine personnel management - including demonstrated development plans and execution, reduced attrition results and initiatives, a clear history of promotions and success, etc.
- Provide account support through SE assignments, load balancing, continuity, strategic planning with Sales management, Sales Reps, and SEs, and customer meetings including sales calls, relationship building, and problem resolution
- Operate effectively in a matrix manner with extended teams, such as Support, Finance, WW SE, HR, Product Management, and other relevant organizations.
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Develop, mentor, manage, and support reporting sales engineers with technical and organizational leadership.
- Manage successful evaluations and timely return of evaluation equipment
- A minimum combination of 8 years of first and second line, Systems Engineering management experience
- Reputation with the customers and partners in the Area as a trusted advisor who will always take care of their needs
- Possess a combination of management, technical and business skills. A challenger sales mentality and a fast-growing mindset are a must
- Proven experience managing managers, not just individuals
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network's roadmap and technology development efforts
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PAN's customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies
- Demonstrated experience in working directly with customers at senior levels within an organization, as well as working with industry partners and alliances
- Possess the intellect and the executive presence to become a true business partner across functions
- 50-75% Travel
- An articulate, social individual that can translate a highly technical solution in simple business terms and develop relationships with decision-makers
- Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating topline growth
- Leading by example, this individual, when necessary, will not hesitate to get into the details of the business
- Highly autonomous individual that can lead a cross-functional project from the ground up and make things happen
- Decisive leader with a passion for the business and a real sense of urgency
- Strategic thinking: To plan and build and other sales and marketing leaders. There will also be a close collaboration with the product team
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you'll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won't find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn't committed to your success - with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve complex cyber threats.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
You have been redirected to a Palo Alto Networks job page