Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Connected Enterprise is hiring a Jr. UX Designer. As part of the HCE UX Design System team you will work on the design system that other designers use to create their products.
In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers and engineers committed to developing our updated Forge Design System. You will be working in a dynamic global team to deliver all graphical assets and specs, including high-fidelity mock-ups, fonts, colors, icons, animations and transitions. You will be the expert when it comes to the Forge Design System.AS A JR. UX DESIGNER, YOU WILL:
YOU MUST HAVE
- Work with UX, product and engineering teams.
- Create new components and patterns in our atomic design system and improve and refine existing ones to increase speed and quality, as well as increase adoption.
- Own and refine the visual language and brand of the Forge Design System.
- Partner with other designers, engineers and product leaders using the Design System to provide knowledge, feedback and support.
- Create documentation and specs for engineers and designers.
- Communicate design rationale and decisions.
- Manage the brand of Honeywell Connected Enterprise UX Design, promote a design-centric culture and drive customer obsessed thinking across the company. Enhance the image of our UX team as an essential, desirable and strategic partner.
- Play an instrumental role in the design, build, launch and maintenance of the new Design System website.
- Be a proactive participant in the entire iterative design process from discovery through launch.
- A portfolio that demonstrates not only your designs, processes, and thinking but tells the story of how you were involved in the overall design process
- Passion to develop high-quality and intuitive User Interfaces
- Knowledge of design and prototyping tools, e.g., Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe XD, Abstract, etc.
- Holistic thinking and the ability to design for massively scalable, data-heavy applications across mobile and desktop.
- Degree or equivalent experience in HCI, UX design, or other user centered design programs.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail, design accuracy, and emphasis on visual consistency.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with multi-platform development, including Native Mobile, Responsive Web and Desktop Applications.
- Prior experience with usability testing and user interviews.
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies (journey mapping, personas, information architecture etc.) and how to apply them.
- Experience working in Agile product development teams.
- Passion for customer service and service design.
- Knowledge of accessibility, internationalization, and responsive design best practices.
- Animation and micro-interaction skills, as well as proficiency in animation tools.
- Content strategy and copywriting experience.
- Experience creating data visualizations and dashboards (or contributions toward their creation).
- Previous work within a SaaS and/or B2B organization.
- Experience building or maintaining WordPress sites.
- JOB ID: HRD112640
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E.,Atlanta,Georgia,30308,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 605789472Posted: 2021-02-25