US06533 Job Description DetailsFULL-TIME Work At Home Customer Service Specialist
Make someone's day every day! Shop with QVC customers by supporting them through their purchases, educating them about various products, and providing an interaction that is fun, personal and creates loyalty. ARE YOU OUR NEXT CARLAN?
At QVC, we like to refer to our best Customer Service Specialists as CARLAN
. We count on CARLAN
to contribute to the everyday success of our Order Services and Customer Service teams by demonstrating these attributes: C
- Customer AdvocacyA
- Leader of SelfA-
We are looking for CARLAN
in all our future Team Members and want to talk to those who feel passionate and excited about what they can bring to our team! These are Full Time positions (40 hours/week). Team memberswill have a set schedule equaling 40 hours a week, including one weekend shift. A Day In The Life
- Field inbound calls from our customers with potential for extended periods of high volume
- Maintain a quiet remote work environment free of background noise
- Apply active listening skills, interject and paraphrase appropriately to best understand the customer's needs and wants
- Utilize tone/enthusiasm to provide energy into the customer interaction that will drive sales and customer satisfaction
- Work independently and problem solve with minimal supervision
- Take personal initiative to achieve goals and objectives
- Be receptive to coaching and eager to implement developmental suggestions for improving performance
- Remain highly engaged in a team environment through team meetings, instant messaging and use of email
- Meet all key performance Indicators - AHT (average handling time), Quality, Compliance
- Commit to adhering to a work schedule (including specified break periods). Mandatory Six (6) week, full time paid training for this position. Shift differential applicable for mid and evening shifts.
- Previous experience in order service and/or customer service
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time (at a computer, speaking with customers)
- Strong PC skills to include: Internet, Microsoft Windows, and Outlook
- Strong organizational, detail orientation and follow through skills
- Strong communication skills and a desire to build customer loyalty
- Must be able to be onsite for training, team meetings, events or work during periods of prolonged outages, as required.
Our Work at Home Team Members are asked to have and maintain all the necessary system requirements to ensure a good experience for our customers. Most home computers and bundled services will meet the required specifications - a full spec list will be provided after your interview.
Here are a few of them:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Computer compatible with QVC specifications
- Microsoft Operating System
- High-speed internet connection. For the sake of call quality, satellite, broadband, wireless or dial-up services are not an option
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE (Special skills, knowledge of machines, procedures, etc.)
- Project an energetic attitude, warm genuine welcome and positive image of QVC over the phone throughout every call.
- Communicate with customers inside and/or outside the company where considerable resourcefulness, tact, and procedural knowledge are required.
- Conduct system research and analysis to solve customer issues by interpreting account and order level comments, analyze membership credits, check stock availability, and modify orders. Systems inquiries include but not limited to: membership credits, account order level comments, refund information, shipping information, product inquiry, easy pay options, credit history, checks received, auto delivery plans, order services, product search, order modification, customer maintenance, and returns.
- Resolve all internal and external customer issues in compliance with company procedures for routine inquiries. Input data on-line and document all transactions carefully. Identify and respond to various customer complaints or concerns using all available resources in order to retain or recover profitable customer relationships. Understand customer value to QVC and resolve customer issues utilizing established guidelines and resources that support a one call resolution.
- Convey information to the customer in a clear concise manner, using professional verbiage. Identify alternative solutions that allow the customer to become a part of the resolution. When resolving more complex issues the representative is empowered to use innovative thinking to create a win-win solution for both QVC and the customer.
- Identify the customer style (Engaging, Efficient, Classic or Frustrated), in order to provide personalized service and resolve customer needs and requests. Treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others, and uphold the values of the organization.
- Perform ticking or tracking to capture valuable information calls in order to accurately report, make recommendations, and identify trends in customer, issues and concerns. Responsible for the accurate completion of all customer follow up forms.
- Perform credit services that assist the customer with interpretation, reconciliation, theft, loss, replacement information, as well as general account information.
- Meet department goals of call expectations, productivity, schedule adherence, utilize correct phone status, log on/log off procedure, and call abandonment rate by effectively handling each customer call.
- Frequently review and remain current on changes to personal work schedule throughout shift. Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards.
- Meet department staffing requirements based upon status including high volume and required hours/days.
- Adapt to change and meet the changing demands of the work environment.
- Assist other department personnel as needed due to fluctuating workloads.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to navigate through Windows-based and web browser applications.
- Ability to utilize PC keyboard efficiently and accurately to input all necessary data.
- Ability to visually verify keyed information to ensure accuracy of all information recorded.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees in the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be easily understood over the telephone using a headset in a call center environment.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONSExperience:
- Ability to provide promotional and relevant offers to our customers in an engaging and willing manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to problem solve involving variables in standardized situations.
- Possess strong organizational skills with specific attention to detail and recall detail (policies and procedures)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow standard company procedures
- A minimum of one year of service experience with high level of customer engagement.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, proficiency in windows based and Web browser applications and telephone skills are required.
QVC is proud to offer a new compensation step plan that allows you to receive incremental pay increases periodically throughout the year and the duration of your employment.
The Customer Service Specialist starting rate is $13.25 per hour and will increase every 3 months for your first year. From there, you will automatically receive an increase every 6 months! About QVC, IncQVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, 'Qurate Retail Group'), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visitwww.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.EEOAs an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Posting ID: 564258195Posted: 2020-07-17