Join the First Transit Team as a Lead Technician for Auburn's Tiger Transit!
Schedule: 2nd Shift; Monday - Friday 1:00 PM t0 9:30 PM
We're Proud to Offer You:
- Top Hourly Wages; Upt to $28/hr based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Consistent year-round work
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid time off
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide!
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & alternative fuel vehicles
As a First Transit Lead Fleet Technician You'll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Scheduling and administering fleet maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Supervising maintenance operations. Planning and distributing the work and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Working closely with location manager, providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifying actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
As a Lead Fleet Technician, You'll Need To Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- 5+ years of gasoline, diesel or alternative fuel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Experience as a lead technician or supervisor is preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed - training & testing provided!
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division of FirstGroup America) - a leading transportation provider. We move more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide. And we need great team members like you!
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Posting ID: 567923642Posted: 2020-09-10