Old Dominion freight Line is currently recruiting for a (Overages, Shortages, and Damages) OS & D Clerk to join our OD Family Culture.Our OS & D Clerk will be responsible for inspecting shipments to validate claims and work with claimants to assess responsibility, determine the root cause of damage/shortage and determine resolutions.
- Locate overages, shortage and damaged freight and research and resolve issues
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Properly handle different types of freight including Hazmat materials
- Prepare paperwork to process OS&D freight including repackaging OS&D freight as needed
- Maintain accurate records for reporting OS&D freight on a daily and weekly basis
- Assist with answering telephones and provide superior customer service
- May also perform customer service duties such as providing quotes, taking orders and answering general customer questions
Join the OD Family Today!
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of office and/or operations experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with AS400 and SAP preferred
- Experience handling Hazmat materials preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi task
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee Credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- "Birthday Holiday" who doesn't love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Posting ID: 549117217Posted: 2020-08-21