This role is critical to the Field Services organization as this frontline leader acts as an independent decision maker to advance operational excellence, customer experience and employee engagement within a defined market(s). The Field Services Supervisor models the behavior expected of all technicians while installing the Sleep Number product and providing an exceptional customer experience. This role will provide education and training for new hires and all employees in the defined market. The Field Services Supervisor will act as a conduit with Field Services leadership regarding market operations and Technician performance. This position manages the tactical activities of a home delivery market to achieve the company's safety, financial, service level and quality goals to ensure execution to specified delivery standards.
- Conduct visits in customer's homes including driving to/from homes, delivery, relocating and assembling, repairing products to specifications and service recovery situations.
- Model, coach and train on TRUST to drive customer satisfaction within assigned market(s).
- Ensures all procedures are adhered to as defined in the Home Delivery Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) handbook.
- Leader of daily dock operations to include manifest review, route efficiency and freight accuracy to ensure on time delivery and first time complete, including continuous improvements to drive down cost per stop.
- Champion safety and model safe work habits by ensuring the adherence to safety procedures in the workplace and in customer's homes.
- As the frontline leader ensure Regional manager and or Controller are updated on critical issues/situations and escalations.
- Two-way communication to/from Technicians; provides key messages of goals, changes to processes, performance results in regular cadence to entire team to drive follow through
- Ensure the Mission, Vision and DNA are being modeled; communicate company goals and objectives to Technicians to ensure employee engagement
- Confirms team is accurately and timely reporting daily activities, work completion or status of assignments with the provided technology.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing and successfully onboarding all new hires with the Regional Manager
- Assess team and individual performance, leads talent management efforts by providing coaching, performance management and building a talent pipeline to meet and exceed region KPI's.
- Assist Field Trainers in providing training to all Technicians regarding new products.
- Ensures all Department of Transportation (DOT) processes and guidelines are followed to include road test certification, valid Medical DOT card and driver's license.
- Applies a continuous improvement lens to validate all work is conducted in an efficient and professional manner through Customer Experience Evaluation (CEE) with all Technicians.
- In partnership with Regional Manager, assist in recognition and on-going development of Technician knowledge and performance.
- Assists Regional manager with property damage claims, service quality complaints, injuries and improper conduct complaints.
- Work with Regional manager to ensure leased and/or rental vehicles are properly maintained and used.
- Maintain and develop relationships with retail sales team including representing Home Delivery at sales meetings as required.
- In partnership with Regional Manager own and analyze region P/L and other KPIs of market's performance
- In partnership with Regional Manager, execute and influence the market's Demand Planning, Forecasting, and Reconciliation (labor, overtime, temp, rental)
- Perform other job duties as related to business needs.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Delivery experience/driving experience preferred
- Must be 21 years or older
- 2-3 years of leadership services
- Proven ability to hire, lead and inspire a highly technical and remote workforce
- Strong understanding of a service environment and infrastructure that promotes service excellence, operational efficiencies, employee engagement, superior customer service, and P&L management
- Ability to maintain high morale and engagement with employees Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex processes in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken
- Must have excellent customer service and verbal & written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work directly with customers and have strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to train others on job procedures and processes
- Must be able to use common and power hand tools
- Possess a good mechanical aptitude
- Must have technical skills to operate smartphones, computers, and other technology related equipment
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Must be able to follow safety procedures
- Good driving record
Posting ID: 566813284Posted: 2020-08-11