We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent - L1 to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
• Assists in the set up, operation and monitoring of the control console of a mainframe or minicomputer for the processing of data and preparation of business/scientific reports, studies, and analysis under direct supervision of engineer or senior operator.
• Follows established procedures performs the more routine and standard operations such as loading input and output materials including tapes, cards, discs, forms, etc
• Starts and monitors standard runs where documentation is readily available; observes control panels for malfunctions, errors or operator messages and responds accordingly.
• Refers complex problems to more experienced operators or others.
• Performs routine and repetitive tasks associated with data center production control activities.
• Changes or adds PCs in racks and connecting cables.
• Monitors and documents notifications and alarms detected in systems and following procedures to correct or escalate for action.
• Interfaces with customers or with suppliers via phone and/or email to request or deliver status information on data status or on equipment status according to procedures.
• Supports operation of outdoor equipment used by data center (e.g., communication satellite equipment).
• Refers customer or potential customer inquiries to designated personnel in timely manner according to procedures.
• HS Diploma Required
• Requires basic knowledge of data processing fundamentals and equipment operation as normally acquired from completion of basic equipment training course/program.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Ability to work shift work.
• Knowledge of PC use, data entry, and executing written procedures or directions on computers interfaces, and connecting cables to IT devices.
• Understanding of computers, problem ticketing, written procedures, and problem escalation.
• Experience in delivering high caliber soft skills including interpersonal skills (e.g. courtesy, patience, and professionalism), customer service, and initiative.
• Must be US citizen. Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance required, active Secret clearance preferred.
• Ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ CE certification within 90 days (3 months) of hire date. Active CompTIA Security+ CE certification preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 556581458Posted: 2020-08-07