As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance marketing spend effectiveness. We've built a rich history by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take charge of their own success. Whether you're an operator, sales representative, a graphic artist or a physician, we're all drive to perform at our best - for ourselves and our clients. We're a company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better way. Through day-to-day experiences of this program, both worker and the company are able to make a realistic decision about whether there is a mutually beneficial fit. Upon meeting eligibility requirements, temporary assignments may be converted into direct employment here at Quad. Once approved, Temp-to-Hire candidates are asked to submit an application to the job. This application is required to finalized the hiring process and collect additional paperwork.
Below is a summary of the job. Please review it and ensure it matches your understanding of the role, then click the 'Apply' button to complete the process.
Quad is currently seeking a Roll Tender for our Winchester, VA plant. As a member of the press crew, the Press Assistant I (roll tender) has previous experience as a Press Asst. II (stacker) and is able to perform the duties of both positions and may be asked to do so from time to time. Key responsibilities of this position are to manage the paper supply inventory on the press, feed rolls into the press, and manage paper inventory. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to product handling and stacker oversight.
- Previous experience as a Press Assistant II (stacker/jogger)
- Previous roll tender experience or training required
- Ability to work irregular schedules, including rotating day/night shifts
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time periods
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Essential Functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hand and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am (rotating shifts), which may include days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Posting ID: 575321785Posted: 2020-09-22