Job Description Operator, Fertilizer- (Aurora, North Carolina, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future,
and grow your career.
This position reports directly to the Shift Supervisor.What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Provide the physical labor required for departmental housekeeping, environmental compliance, and the processing of salvageable fertilizer product generated from the production plants
- Fill the position of Operator II during periods of vacancy
- Assist the Operator "A" in controlling a production plant that converts raw materials to granulated fertilizers
- Perform housekeeping duties that meet department standards
- Unload coating oil and defoamer trucks to storage tanks
- Inspect and cleans process equipment on scheduled down days and as directed by the Operator "A"
- Maintain maintenance requirements of an assigned area of responsibility through the initiation of work orders
- Wash process equipment and loaders as required to maintain efficient operations
- Troubleshoot failure of loaders and equipment associated with salvageable product processing
- Assist as directed in the containment and cleanup of environmental concerns
- Effectively participate in all Nutrien recycling directives
- Perform other duties assigned by the Operator "A" and department supervision
- Share in daily decisions required for effective and efficient processing of salvageable fertilizer product and departmental housekeeping needs
- Maintain the authority to shut down and remove from service any skid loaders with safety device failures or conditions posing unsafe equipment operations
- Stop personnel executing unsafe activities
- Study and review of company and department procedures is mandated to position the incumbent for procedure compliance
- Operate skid steer loaders in a safe, productive and non-abusive manner
- Use hand tools, shovels, rakes, and hoses in functions of housekeeping and processing salvageable fertilizer products
- Work overtime as required by supervision
- Accurately report of daily achievements in total salvaged product processed
Are you a good match? Apply today!
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) testing is required for all hourly applicants of Nutrien-Aurora and must be uploaded along with your resume during the application process to be considered for employment with Nutrien-Aurora
- Applicants must complete this test and meet a minimum of 4 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics and 5 on Workplace Documents in order to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is preferred
- Must maintain a current NC Driver's License
- May be required to be clean shaven for safety reasons
- May be required to work at high elevations and in open spaces such as platforms and/or catwalks
- May be required to work 12-hour, rotating shifts
- Ability to wear required, company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)--i.e., uniforms, steel-toed boots, safety glasses, emergency breathing apparatus
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran