Signature Health Inc. is a non-profit healthcare agency whose mission is to put good health within reach of all of our community members through comprehensive mental health, medical, and support services essential for optimizing the well-being of mind and body. Serving patients in Lake, Ashtabula and Cuyahoga counties, we are committed to increasing access to a continuum of care while integrating behavioral and physical health well-being. If you are passionate about making a difference then we want to talk to you. We offer employees a dynamic, collaborative work environment along with a comprehensive range of benefit selections to support your total wellness, including several 100% employer paid benefits.
Ultimately reporting to Chief Medical Officer, a Child Psychiatrist at Signature Health, Inc. provides compassionate, supportive, patient-centered psychiatric medical care to our patients. Our Psychiatrists work diligently to help improve the daily lives of our patients by providing evaluations/consultations, diagnosis, monitoring of progress, and pharmacologic and other appropriate psychological health treatment services. Our Psychiatrists work collaboratively with Signature Health staff, including our primary care physicians, counselors, case managers, and other outside sources to provide quality holistic care for our patients.
• Child Psychiatrist will provide ongoing consultation and management for assigned patients as requested or as necessary in accordance with accepted standards of psychiatric practice.
• Child Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric services on the days and at the times established and scheduled by Signature Health. Our expectation is that the Child Psychiatrist's schedule will be maximized during his/her clinical schedule in order to best serve all our clients in need.
• Child Psychiatrist will utilize the electronic medical records system to timely and accurately fulfill all administrative responsibilities attendant to his/her performance of direct patient care, including but not limited to, entry and completion of progress notes detailing all patient encounters, services provided and treatment plans recommended; electronic order entry of medications and diagnostic tests; and other required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of Signature Health and/or other relevant accrediting or regulatory bodies. Psychiatrist must ensure compliance with Signature Health's note completion policy.
• Child Psychiatrist will prepare and attend to all reports, claims, and correspondence (including email) necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services. Email is a regular form of communication within Signature Health and therefore prompt response, generally a response within 24 hours (or sooner as medically/business appropriate) is required.
• Child Psychiatrist will refer patients to other services within the agency, other physicians, including specialists and other health care providers, when and if needed.
• Child Psychiatrist will maintain competence in his/her area of specialty by attending professional conventions or seminars as well as participating in educational activities offered by professional societies on a reasonable basis.
• Child Psychiatrist will provide coverage when other physician employees/contractors are unavailable due to vacations, holidays, illness, other personal or professional absences, or as required by Signature Health.
• Child Psychiatrist will be available to take calls as assigned by the Agency.
• Child Psychiatrist will timely report incidents, including major unusual incidents, and other information required to appropriate governmental authorities and as required for Agency reporting.
• Child Psychiatrist will participate in Agency required quality assurance, peer review, compliance, and credentialing/privileging activities.
• Child Psychiatrist will attend administrative meetings, as needed.
• Child Psychiatrist may serve as a collaborating physician, as needed, and/or may provide supervision to Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, residents, interns or others.
• Child Psychiatrist will perform other duties assigned by the Agency from time to time that are commensurate with professional services normally and customarily performed by a physician.
• Child Psychiatrist will follow all policies and procedures of the Agency, ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations and security requirements.
• Child Psychiatrist will promote the professional practice of the Agency.
• Decision Making Authority: In providing physician services, Child Psychiatrist will exercise independent medical judgment consistent with approved methods and practices in his/her specialty and in the best interest of the patients. All other activities are to be conducted with the consultation and assistance of the Medical Director. At all appropriate times, treatment activities should be performed as a team function.
• Ohio Licensed Physician, in good standing upon effective date of employment.
• Full prescriptive powers in Ohio with a DEA license
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
• Board Certified for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or eligible
• Additionally Board Certified Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist Preferred
• Forms positive relationships with others
• Demonstrates awareness of diversity and its influence
• Develops effective relationships with culturally diverse individuals, families, and groups
• Engages in self-assessment
• Demonstrates accountability
• Demonstrates awareness of ethical and legal standards applicable to professional service, training, and research
• Recognizes and manages ethical and legal issues in professional service, training, and research
• Uses evidence-based assessment tools (e.g., screening instruments, rating scales, and tests that assess risk, development, personality, psychopathology, cognitive functioning, and organizational functioning)
• Collects and integrates data
• Engages in inter-professional collaboration
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Requires ability to use routine office equipment such as a computer and telephone.
• Requires ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.
• HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient's protected health information, including the patient's entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
• Requires sufficient near-vision to be able to read documents and computer screen..
• Requires ability to work flexible hours to meet the job requirements.
• Ability lift up to 50 pounds
• Requires long periods of sitting, telephone, and computer work.
Doctor of Osteopathic Med
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)