Seeking an energetic Information Technology Operations Center leader of leaders.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast-paced technology company and a leader in the world of commercial cloud services. AWS is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a leader of leaders to join our United States National Security Information Technology Operations Center management team.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Operations Center site managers, developing long term operations center infrastructure capacity plans, leading future site builds, negotiating vendor support contracts, working with AWS service teams to address their unique service operations center technology needs, and working with your international counterparts to define and deliver bar raising Information Technology Operations Centers globally.
The ideal candidate will understand facilities design, executing in accordance with a defined build schedule and budget, establishing and managing facilities capacity for multi-tenant team use, and designing, building, and operating secure communication equipment rooms within sensitive compartmentalized information facilities accredited for 24 X 7 X 365 open storage Information Technology operations.
If you are passionate about Customer Experience, think and act globally and want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon's commercial cloud services supporting essential public sector mission requirements, this may be the challenge you've been looking for!
At this level, Amazon is unique in that we seek experienced senior leaders who have evolved to be highly strategic in their approach to managing their business unit, yet understand how to lead large teams by example who will not hesitate to roll up their sleeves when tactical needs dictate it.
This position requires work within sensitive compartmentalized information facilities. The candidate selected must be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
* Hiring, managing, and developing the Operations Center site management team including site managers, responsible for oversite of:
* Computer room environment (secure computer room with climate control, conditioned and backup power supply, etc.)
* Hardware (networks, servers, desktop and network devices and peripherals)
* Connectivity to a service provider (fiber, cable, wireless, etc.)
* Software applications (electronic data interchange, electronic mail, enterprise resource management, office productivity, etc.)
* Data and restoration
* Defining and attainment of organizational performance goals and objectives relating to safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency in support of our IT operations center users.
* Planning and executing the IT operations center component of Amazon's commercial cloud for restricted access government programs.
* AWS IT operations center capacity management planning, site expansions, new facility builds, including mechanical, electrical, environmental control system, desk capacity, IT infrastructure capacity, and conference room daily operations.
* Operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for Amazon datacenters to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and change management.
* Oversight of a preventative maintenance program, capacity management program, adherence to schedules, and evaluation and performance of our IT operations center facility operations.
* Planning and execution of Operation Centers recovery strategies, covering networks, servers, desktops in alignment with the overall business continuity plans.
* Experience in successful insourcing and/or outsourcing specific maintenance task balancing internal skillsets with frugality.
* Safety, security, and availability incident response, incident management, and incident resolution.
* Continuous improvement of operational processes, procedures, methods, and tools.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Management, Business Management or a related field.
* 5+ years of experience operating as a manager of managers.
* 10+ years of relevant experience managing information technology systems, data center operations, facility engineering operations, critical environment facilities, datacenter build-outs and scaling, or similar.
* Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, and manage high-performing
* COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
* Ability to participate in on-call rotation with one hour response time to site.
* Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.