Description Position at Pilgrim's
MOOREFIELD PREPARED FOODS
Shift Production Manager
Moorefield Prepared Foods
Position Summary: In two - four sentences, what are the end results or purpose of this job?
The individual will carry out all supervisory responsibilities for Assigned Production Line in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include meeting production schedules, training and development, organizing, assigning work, problem resolution, counseling, evaluating performance and management of a highly effective work group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspects product to verify conformance to specifications and quality standards.
- Directs the set up and adjustments of machinery in the work center.
- Analyzes the production schedule to plan and project time and staffing requirements for completion of the manufacturing orders.
- Interprets and enforces company policies and safety regulations.
- Recommends productivity improvements to enhance working conditions and equipment usage while maintaining high quality standards.
- Mediates and resolves work problems.
- Motivates employees to achieve work goals.
- Maintains required records for production. (Time, attendance, etc.)
- Requisitions and inspects material used for production.
- Interacts with other Supervisors and the Shift Superintendents to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Strictly enforces all safety, OSHA, USDA and HACCP regulations set by the company.
Any other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Elements: Quantify and describe briefly (direct, hire, terminate, appraise, recommend, etc)
Provides Day to day oversight on job assignments, scheduling and supervision of approximately30Production Workers. Responsible for instructing, evaluating, disciplining, and on going training.
Decision Making Authority: Describe with examples and estimate of frequency
Has authority to make decisions and must be capable of working with or without direct supervision
List principal contacts/customers
Internal: Work activities require daily contact with plant management,supervisors, QA,USDA etc.
External: Work activities require daily contact with outside companies, vendors, other authorities as related to product processing.
Difficulty of Duties: Must be proficient and knowledgeable of production processes, aspects of QA, Safety, Company Policies and procedures.
Responsibility for Confidential Information: Must be able to maintain high confidentially
Education: One-year certificate from college or technical school, or three to six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use voice mail and e-mail effectively.
- Ability to speak effectively before group of customers or employees.
- Math Skills: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: A high degree of reasoning ability is associated with this position to assure that product specifications are met to assure a wholesome product for customers.
Integral Knowledge & Skills:
Qualifications to perform full job at acceptable level
Must be fully trained and able to supervise all aspects processing/and or packing products for the designated line(s).
The supervisor must be skilled at effectively and fairly managing personnel issues which arise in his/her production area. Personnel related duties include but are not limited to: Coaching, counseling, assigning work, training, evaluating, and upholding company policy with the designated production area.
Must be aware of QA, USDA, and Safety standard required with the designated production area.
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Normal work week: 40+
Typical hours per week: As Needed
Evenings/weekends: As Needed
Physical, Environmental, Situational, and Psychological Elements:
When the person filling this job is absent, his/her duties are performed by the appropriate shift Production Manager.