This is a part-time position.
SUMMARY: Responsible for safely transporting patients, while providing basic life support procedures that follow federal, state, and local laws, statues and regulations.
Life EMS Ambulance is dedicated to being the very best in all that we do, and that begins with our team. We are committed to creating a rewarding work environment for all of our associates, which is reflected in our national and regional recognition as one of the "Top 100 Best & Brightest Workplaces." We strive to provide the best patient care and service excellence. If you desire the same commitment to excellence, we invite you to consider joining our team today!
We strive to provide a competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package to our associates, including some of the following:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life Insurance that is free coverage up to $40,000 for an associate.
- Additional coverage is available.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and child care
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition assistance for EMT and Paramedic schooling
- Free continuing education classes
- Length of Service Bonus'
- Free vaccinations
- Uniforms are provided and a boot allowance
- Associate Assistance Program with free counseling sessions for associates and their family members
- Wellness Activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure daily customer happiness
- Participates in the delivery of patient care to the level of their licensure
- Assures that the medic unit or station is completely stocked, clean and in good order at the beginning and end of each shift
- Examines patients and reports medical conditions as directed by medical control and company policies
- Prepares medical reports and invoices of runs made by the crew
- Attends training session as a required to maintain certification
- Cleans vehicle and patient care compartments and maintains stations in a neat, orderly fashion
- Reports vehicle and equipment malfunctions to the Control Center and/or appropriate supervisor
- Helps in performing routine maintenance checks on vehicle and equipment in conjunction with completion of medic unit or station checklist
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess current Emergency Medical Technician license issued by the state of Michigan
- Must be interviewed by at least two Supervisors or the Director of Operations
- Must pass all Life EMS pre-employment requirements as outlined on the Conditional Offer of Employment
- Must possess current BLS card
- Ability to prepare detailed reports
- Accurate, basic typing skills and computer operation knowledge
- Must demonstrate positive, respectful behavior in dealing with people at all levels
- Exceptional knowledge of emergency care procedures
- Exceptional knowledge of common physical illnesses, symptoms, and appropriate medical terminology
- Exceptional knowledge of city streets and traffic regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in stressful situations
- Considerable skill in the application of emergency care procedures and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a good working relationship with fellow crew members, police, fire and the general public
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance visions, color visions, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associates must also do the following:
- Sit and drive using frequent wrist motions and forward reaches
- Walk, climb stairs, carry medical equipment up to 70lbs
- Push and pull wheelchairs while ascending or descending stairs with 130 pound patient
- Lift, push and pull stretcher to load and unload 150 pound patient (with assistance of one other Paramedic)
- Lift and transfer loads up to 150 pound (with assistance of one other Paramedic)
- Climb ladder and crawl
- Lifting one end of stretcher weighing 105lbs from chest to overhead (48”-66”)
- Ability to wear particulate respirator
Posting ID: 557942387Posted: 2020-06-02