Lead Fleet Maintenance Technician
If you are an experienced maintenance technician, then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities. Now is the time to take your career to the next level!
We are currently looking for a Lead Technician for our Optima, OK location!
Shift Schedule: Monday - Friday; Day Shift
First Vehicle Services is Proud to Offer You:
- $28-$32 per hour on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- Up to $3,000 sign-on bonus! (conditions apply. Expires 1/31/2021)
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days
- Consistent year-round work
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Maintenance Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Student, & First Transit divisions across North America!
- A clean and positive work environment!
Lead Fleet Mechanic responsibilities:
- Oversee repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions on vehicles and equipment, on site and on the road, including: engine chassis repair and maintenance; knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair vehicles in a timely and safe manner; knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in vehicles in a timely and safe manner.
- Supervise technicians in maintenance shop, including responsibilities as conducting daily shop huddles; fleet walks; coaching/counseling/training all Technician levels on performance/corrective action, when necessary
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting complex problems with equipment.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company's safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Provides direction to all Technician levels, and ensures that all repair and maintenance is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Works closely with management team, providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. Reviews repair orders.
- Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discuss corrective action, as needed, with technician.
- Monitor operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities appropriately.
- Performs hands on work activities as requested or required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Lead Fleet Mechanic qualifications:
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair experience required
- 1 year of supervisory experience in a lead technician, supervisor or other management role requiring thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations
- Solid aptitude in planning and scheduling maintenance repairs (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Strong experience with computers, web-based applications, and computerized diagnostics
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be subject to a drug test.
First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we've provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Posting ID: 577931681Posted: 2020-12-23