Director of In-Vivo Business Development (direct hire, remote, heavy travel)
Overview: Kelly Services® is seeking a motivated, hardworking individual to join our client’s team as a Director of In-vivo Business Development for North America. This is a direct hire role for a well-known and highly respected nonprofit biomedical research institute whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
Director of In Vivo Business Development is focused on leading a team of regional Business development Directors grow sales of pre-clinical In Vivo Products and services (such Humanized Mouse strains and In Vivo Pharmacology and Safety Services) to academic and governmental research centers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. This is a key leadership with day-to-day responsibility for directly driving revenue growth in North America.
The primary objective of the Director, North America In Vivo Business Development will be to achieve agreed upon sales targets by leveraging, developing and leading the In Vivo Business Development team.
It will be particularly important for the individual to develop strong working relationships across the organization. Consequently, if located remotely (preferably around Bar Harbor, ME) the individual will have to pay special attention to this aspect and regular travel to meet key stakeholders to progress the needs of the In Vivo Business Development team will be expected. Likewise, the individual will be expected to regularly travel in the field working directly with the Opportunity Development team members both in bridging communication challenges and also in mentoring and coaching the team members.
- Develop the overall sales strategy for the Opportunity Development organization
- Establish a strategic framework for prioritizing key academic, biotech and pharmaceutical accounts that considers the opportunity to grow existing accounts while developing new accounts. Determines the allocation of resources across this portfolio of account opportunities.
- Represents the “voice of the customer” in all internal strategy and tactical discussions or activities.
- Establish a strong In Vivo Business Development team to deliver on the strategy.
- Ensure alignment between the In Vivo Business Development team and all the various teams through a collaborative work approach that engenders an inclusive culture.
- Ensure alignment between the In Vivo Business Development organization and the needs of key academic, biotech and pharmaceutical accounts.
- Provide ongoing training of team members to ensure a high level of technical knowledge and an effective professional approach to In Vivo Business Development.
- Ensure that the In Vivo Business Development team is consistently learning and practicing the art of effectively “positioning” the various offerings in the context of client needs and taking into account the context of competitive and/or substitute offerings.
- Ensure the In Vivo Business Development team is expert in key account management and building productive relationships in client accounts.
- Responsible for timely and accurate business forecasting across all product and service offerings.
- Provides leadership for the In Vivo Business Development organization. Develops sales goals and objectives consistent with achieving top line results.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key customers; actively develop new accounts for all in-vivo products and services; actively grow relationships with existing accounts.
- Ensure that comprehensive understanding of drivers for account traction and influential relationships together with an account map is created for all key accounts.
- Masters in Science; PhD and/or MBA preferred.
- At least seven (7) years successful sales/business experience with at least two (2) years experience managing a geographically diverse team.
- Existing relationships with leading academic and pharmaceutical research organizations.
- MUST HAVE sales/business management experience in a life sciences business unit of at least $50M annual revenues, selling research products and services to the pharma/biotech and academic research community.
- Experience in working in an environment which successfully integrates the sales and marketing programs.
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading a successful sales/business team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, initiate and execute complex business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop significant new accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic and tactical elements of a sales plan.
- Strong analytical capabilities in developing sales forecasts, assessing sales performance and developing incentive compensation plans.
- A strong understanding of the pre-clinical research process.
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing and growing a business that provides services, such as diagnostics or products to the life sciences or the scientific research communities.
- Experience in working in an environment which successfully integrates science, sales and marketing programs.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, pro-active approach to taking on challenging assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams. Must be able to manage a diverse, cross functional work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity.
- The conviction and optimism to consistently communicate and engage others for the successful execution of sales plans.
- Driven to goals by motivating team members.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and the presence and self-confidence to use these skills to convince others to buy-into proposals and plans.
- Leadership, mentoring and setting of high standards for developing direct reports.
- Unquestionable integrity and values, impeccable character.
- The conviction and optimism to consistently communicate and engage others for the successful execution of sales plans
Please note that resumes from third parties will not be accepted. Apply today for immediate consideration or send your resume directly to Marina.Hart@kellyscientific.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.