We have a part-time opening for a Cafe Cashier.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Purpose for the Position:
To calculate and process the guest transactions of menu selections in the restaurant. To maintain the retail front of the house marketing and merchandizing plan.
1. Process guest transactions of purchased menu selections.
2. Verify register funds and complete appropriate cash handling forms.
3. Maintain an acceptable accuracy level of over/short variance.
4. Maintain “front of the house” retail sales areas.
5. Provide “point of contact” per guest question & comment.
6. Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by management, which achieve the established goals of ARAMARK and the client.
1. Process guest transactions of purchased menu selections to include: ring up of sale, tender of money or processing of credit card or payroll deduction.
2. Maintain front of the house retail merchandizing and service areas (i.e. – beverage fountains, bottled beverages, packaged snacks, condiments, and serviceware)
3. Prepare fresh beverage selections (i.e. – coffee, iced tea, etc)
4. Attend “pre-service” meeting.
5. Maintain cleanliness of cashier islands and retail service areas during service period.
6. Clean and sanitize appropriate beverage equipment.
7. Clean, organize and restock cashier islands and retail service areas for the next day.
8. Secure venue service point at end of service period. Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
9. Complete all cash handling and reconciliation forms.
To do this Kind of work, you must be able to:
1. Skillfully use hand tools or equipment needed for your work.
2. Read directions for the items to be prepared.
3. Measure, cut, portion or otherwise work on materials with great precision.
4. Use arithmetic to: complete guests transactions and cash reconciliation forms.
5. Identify menu selections and accurate pricing structure.
6. Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
7. Communicate menu, portion & promotions vs pricing structure.
1. Dependable and timely attendance record.
2. Performance consistent with education or experience.
3. Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
4. Ability to build relationships with guests and coworkers.
5. Meet sanitation, food handling and quality & presentation standards.
6. Willing accept change, new procedures & constructive comments.
7. Compliance with ARAMARK & Client guidelines & procedures.
8. Exhibit and practice the highest level of Guest Service Skills.
9. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet production and service time schedules.
10. Demonstration of consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments.
1. Lifting 50lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.