Join The Sherman Team
Due to growing customer base and expanding operations including more onsite banquets and offsite catering, we're looking to add 1 to 2 line cooks to our Team. These are full or part-time positions as we're flexibile to work with our team availability.
The Sherman is a hotel, restaurant, bar, Biergarten, Bier Hall, catering, banquets and retail shop in downtown Batesville developing a team that works hard and works smart together. We play hard, too.
Please, only serious career-oriented applicants. You must be willing and able to learn.
We love to cook great food for our guests from scratch. No microwaves here.
For you, this means strong earnings, the opportunity to learn and advance and do different things given the variety of venues.
You'll be asked to Mostly Cook with some Prep::
· Follow recipe specifications and maintain high quality and consistency.
· Cook in volume and in high quality environment.
· Work from production sheets.
· Learn about soups and sauces.
· Follows directions of Sous Chef.
· Work cooperatively with others in busy intervals.
· Assists prep cooks in food preparation.
· Follow all health and safety requirements at all times.
If you have a desire to learn, we have a desire to teach.
· Six months previous experience in kitchen production helpful.
· Enjoys creative thinking and problem solving.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others; understands and complies with all Company rules.
· Must view sanitation and food handling videos and follow established guidelines.
· Some heavy lifting.
Job Type: Full-time
$8 to $14 depending on experience