CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $10 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.Location:
Batesville, MSPosition Overview:
As a key member of our manufacturing facility, the EHS Coordinator will be responsible for managing, and coordinating all Environmental, Health, and Safety activities in the Plant to proactively drive programs and create a culture to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all of our employees. In addition, this position will work closely with the Corporate Environmental Health and Safety department to understand the true cost of Safety in Crown Americas and achieve a World class level at the facility.Duties And Responsibilities:
This position's responsibilities will also include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a true S.I.F. (Severe Injury and Fatality) Mitigation Program
- Ensure all key managers are certified in Level I, II and III compliance training
- Human and Operational Performance Awareness Program Training
- Launch Safe Start Program focused on Human Factors throughout the Plant
- Detailed Injury root cause analysis and incident reporting
- Ensure facility conformance with all applicable federal, state, local and corporate environmental, health and safety laws, regulations, policies and guidelines as well as maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that all employee training is completed, documented and maintained in regard to regulatory requirements
- Monitor follow-ups and corrective action resulting from all corporate and plant environmental, health and safety audits
- Contingency and emergency preparedness planning
- Pollution prevention and waste minimization
- Hazardous waste, air programs, water programs and community Right to Know
- Evacuation and emergency take cover drills
- Providing data required for all aspects of SARA Title III reporting including Tier II and Form R reports
- Title V Air Emission reporting, contingency plan, chemical exposure
- Hazard communication
- Noise exposure and audiometric management
- Control of hazardous energy
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline required
- 3-5 years in an environmental, health and safety role
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of all local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to work any shift and extended hours to support employees on all shifts
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and various environmental software programs
- Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Professional EHS certifications
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Effective presentations skills.
- This position will deal with internal and external customers at a variety of levels and the ideal candidate must have the ability to deal with all these contacts professionally and effectively.
- Proven leader and a self-starter
- Must be equally comfortable working both in a team environment as well as working independently
- Must be a change agent and possess a sense of urgency in work habits
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Generally works in an office setting but will be required to spend time each day inside a plant environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is frequently loud.
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.