Kelly Services is recruiting for a Manual Lathe Machine Operator for a Temp to Hire opportunity with an established company in Baton Rouge, LA that includes competitive pay and benefits package.
The qualifications of the ideal candidate are:
- Perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have a general knowledge of estimating time and materials for machine jobs
- Metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials
- Machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- Design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3 years related experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical concepts like fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Ability to lift as much as 50 lbs. move and transfer products with provided equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required are fictional close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
General responsibilities are:
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
- Ability to track parts and jobs into the vantage system.
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 597878840Posted: 2021-01-17