Home Instead® On Call Coordinator Job Description
The On Call Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of on-call duties. The Week Day Service Supervisor is expected to work closely with the Service Coordinators in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
· Reflect the core values of Home Instead franchise.
· Prior to start of on call shift, review schedule with designated Service Coordinator and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise.
· Obtain resources needed for on call responsibilities such as laptop, tablet and/or phone along with any paper resources deemed necessary.
· Answering each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and respond quickly to their needs.
· Fill all Client shifts following designated office scheduling processes.
· Communicate changes in Client Shifts to the Client(s) and CAREGiver(s).
· Contact backup person when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input
· Fill in on assignments that come open until a replacement CAREGiver is found
· Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with owner or designated key player.
· Monitor and log both client and CAREGiver activity and follow up on CAREGiver assignments and client service in the operating system.
· Field new client & CAREGiver inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and schedule care consultations
· Create a log of the activities of your shift and communicate that to the designate key player(s).
· Return resources to the office following your shift.
· Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
· Ensure Home Instead standards are met and upheld
· Participate in quarterly CAREGiver meetings
· Perform care consultations as required
· Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
· High school graduation or the equivalent
· One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
· Must possess a valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Home Instead franchise.
· Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
· Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
· Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
· Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
· Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work
· Must be able to establish good working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staff
· Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
· Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
· Must be able to operate office equipment
· Must be able to operate HISC technology
· Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
· Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
· Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
· must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
Essential Home Instead ®
Maintaining a high level of commitment to personally getting things done.
People who are competent at delivering results assume personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and work effectively with little direction. They are dependable and responsible.
Recognizing and understanding customers' needs and delivering in a manner that exceeds customers' expectations. People who are competent at customer service have a desire to please customers and can recognize customers' needs. They consistently do more than is required of them to ensure that the customer is satisfied.
Influencing & Persuading
Convincing others to adopt a course of action. People who display this competency influence others without being excessively aggressive or pushy. They understand their audience and modify their method of persuasion accordingly. They are confident and do not give up easily.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Effectively working and collaborating with others toward a common goal. People who are competent at teamwork build and maintain cooperative work relationships with others. They complete their own tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner and directly contribute to reaching the group goal.
Communicating clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of the organization. People who are competent at interpersonal communication listen effectively and develop rapport with others. They are able to articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly, they present information in a straightforward and logical way, and they ensure that they are understood. They share information with others that will improve overall work progress.
Living Home Instead
Building trust, taking the lead and sharing your heart.
On Call Coordinator Competencies
Effectively dealing with work related problems, pressure, and stress in a professional and positive manner. People who exhibit resilience maintain a positive attitude even when faced with frustration, pressure or change. They recover quickly when faced with obstacles or setbacks
Promoting and maintaining high standards of quality at work. People who display this competency consistently produce high quality work. They apply discipline and a detail orientation to their work activities and constantly look for ways to improve the quality of products or services. They encourage others to have high quality standards in their work.
Planning & Organizing
Effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities. People who are competent at planning and organizing efficiently manage their time and the time of others and effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
They identify goals, develop plans, estimate time frames and monitor progress.
Making good decisions in a timely and confident manner. People who display this competency make sound decisions with conviction and in a timely manner. After they have considered alternatives and possible consequences, they can decide upon a course of action and assume responsibility for their decisions.
Policies, Process & Procedures
Following organizational procedures and guidelines to accomplish objectives. People who are effective at this competency follow, and encourage others to follow, the guidelines, processes and rules set by the organization. They set a good example by consistently working within the guidelines to accomplish their work.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.