Summary of Expectations:
The Warehouse Operator will need advanced experience with at least two years or one years’ experience working in a freezer environment. The ideal candidate will need to be able to operate & maneuver in tight setting and understand the floors may become slippery quickly. Advanced experience with pushback racks is required with this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Pick and deliver the correct items and quantities for shipments in an accurate and timely manner.
· Pick and deliver the correct items and quantities to production lines in an accurate and timely manner.
· Transfer and locate receiving inventory into warehouse locations in an accurate and timely manner.
· Prepare material movement documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
· Operate barcode scanning equipment to perform real-time material movement transactions.
· Load and unload trucks as needed or assigned.
· Work in a safe manner, follow all safety rules, and report any potential safety hazards to management.
· Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized
· Perform other duties as required.
· Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned and required by management.
· Must have experience using riding electrical powered pallet jack, use of a Reach Truck would be a plus, and be able to demonstrate proficiency in operating within a warehouse environment.
· Must speak English and read all instructions in English.
· Must have excellent math skills along with basic computer skills.
· Must be able to work in cold freezers set at -10 degrees Fahrenheit
· Must have a sense of urgency.
· Must be a team player, able to work well with others.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This role will require the employee to remain in a stationary position approximately 50% of the time. The employee will occasionally move within the office to access office machinery, file cabinets, and collaborate with colleagues. Consistent use of office equipment, such equipment may include but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and copiers. The employee will be required to frequently communicate with both internal staff members as well as external vendors or customers and must be able to convey accurate information. This position may require repositioning or movement of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change based on company needs as expressed by management.