Job Description Operator, Sulfuric Acid-(Aurora, North Carolina, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future,
and grow your career.
This position reports directly to the Sulfuric Acid Shift Supervisor.What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Collect water samples from cooling towers, turbo generator condensate, reverse osmosis water, and other sources on frequency according to specifications
- Place samples in bottles and label bottles, take samples to laboratory and conduct analysis to maintain process within specifications
- Make adjustments to chemical feed rates and control set points as needed
- Monitor Deaerator, and Reverse Osmosis Water supply pumps, boiler feedwater pumps, condensate pumps, and chemical feed pumps
- Monitor chemical feed tank levels and recharge tanks, as needed
- Maintain and replace chemical dosing pumps
- Clean, monitor and control Cooling Towers, Boilers and Condensate Polishers
- Enter work orders and counter requisitions, as needed
- Monitor the Treated and Demineralized Water Tank Levels
- Maintain SPC charts program for key cooling tower operations and maintain cooling tower log sheet, and check results to insure readings stay within established parameters
- Operate Deaerators from control panel to control temperature of water and tank level
- Ensure that specified quality standards are being maintained
- Maintain blow down rate in Sulfuric boilers to maintain specifications and keep boiler log, and make blow down rate adjustments, as necessary
- Monitor and inspect equipment for proper operation such as looking for hot bearings, leaking pumps, etc.
- Visually monitor water storage tanks, adding chemicals as needed to maintain the proper mixtures, maintain proper tank levels, monitor pump rates and make adjustments or coordinate repairs as appropriate, and monitor condensate system and work with A-Operator on Package Boiler
- Monitor relationship with outside vendors
- Enter work request into EAM to facilitate timely repairs on equipment and issuance of permits for equipment repairs
- Notify the A-Operator or Shift Supervisor of any abnormal conditions
- Follow safety rules and keep work area clean and orderly
- Learn to perform duties of the Operator II as a relief person
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Are you a good match? Apply today!
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain log sheets and manage reports associated with deaerators, boilers and cooling tower
- May be required to be clean shaved for safety reasons
- May be required to work at high elevations and in open spaces such as platforms and/or catwalks
- May be required to work 12-hour, rotating shifts
- Must be able to wear required, company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)--i.e., uniforms, steel-toed boots, safety glasses, emergency breathing apparatus
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) testing is required for all hourly applicants of Nutrien
- Applicants must complete this test and meet a minimum of 4 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics, and 5 on Workplace Documents in order to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran