KBR is looking for an advanced Systems Administrator/Network Administrator, with an active U.S. Secret security clearance, that can work independently with little to no day-to-day supervision. The selected candidate must be able to work in a professional manner during stressful situations and be willing to work in a multitude of environmental conductions (indoors and outdoors) as well as with Physical Security personnel in a Law Enforcement environment. * This position requires quarterly travel to other installations within the region.
* The candidate will have a strong IT and networking background.
* Responsible for installing and configuring new servers, desktop clients, zero clients, network devices and firewalls.
* Proactively manage and maintain the existing IT infrastructure (XP-Win10 | Server 2012-2016) and conduct upgrades as directed.
* Administer and support core Microsoft, SQL, CISCO and VMWare technologies.
* Produce and manage system backups. Implement security fixes, operating system patches and antivirus software/definitions on multiple closed/stand-a-lone networks.
* Maintain up to date inventories on all hardware, software, firmware, applications, etc..
* Create troubleshooting documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensure continuing systems operability by providing ongoing optimization and problem-solving support.
* The selected candidate will act as a Subject Matter Expect and will be expected to assist with troubleshooting the most complex situations in person or over the phone with non-technical personnel.
* Implements and enforces DoD security polices and directives.
* Analyzes risks and/or vulnerabilities and takes corrective actions to mitigate or remove them. Required Skills: * Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve server, VMware, desktop, network or other IT issues.
* Strong Microsoft, VMWare and CISCO background.
* Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively and have excellent team and collaborations skills.
* Flexibility to support mission priorities.
* Attention to detail and follow-through.
* Highly motivated and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance Required Education: * DoD IAT Level II certifications (Security+ and a Microsoft certification (i.e. MCSE, Server+, VMWare, etc.). as defined by DoD 8570.01-M.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences or related study and 5+ Years of experience or equivalent combination of training, certifications, work and/or military experience. Additional Information: * Must have an active U.S. Secret security clearance. The position is contingent on obtaining and maintaining a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
* The position is located on a USMC installation and requires a minimum of quarterly travel to other USMC installations within the candidate's area of responsibility. More frequent travel may be required if an urgent issue were to arise.
Posting ID: 602967282Posted: 2021-03-01