Wage: $16.00-18.00 per hour DOE
Primary Purpose of Position
A Front Desk Agent Level I is to greet, register, check out, and assist guests efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all Front Office related functions. To maintain the highest standard of service and hospitality at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess a thorough knowledge of check-in and check-out of guests. To be completely familiar with all front desk computer operations and procedures for arrivals and departures.
- Thorough knowledge and proper use of all front desk LHW standards.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the property, including all outlets and hours, room locations and types of rooms.
- Responsible for all PBX switchboard operations in the absence of a full time PBX operator. Taking messages for guests and staff members; these must be complete and accurate. Use of proper and professional telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for own cash drawer. Report any discrepancies to Front Office Management.
- Complete knowledge of Vail and surrounding areas.
- Know and adhere all Front Office standard operating procedures.
- Know department heads and departmental functions, and how they relate to you.
- Have knowledge of room rates, packages and discounts available.
- Keep housekeeping informed of early departures, late check-outs and special requests that guests may have.
- Keep the supervisors on duty informed of any concerns with regard to the hotel and front desk.
- Understand guest and group billing and reading a folio. Know how to properly correct all errors.
- Know how to handle walk-ins, stay overs and room changes.
- Welcome each return guest; acknowledge that they are return guests.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures.
- Attend all front desk meetings.
- Know room and rate policies. Know how to adjust packages rates for fewer or additional night stay.
- To have knowledge of telephone, mail, and message systems in accordance with the business center.
- Know how to look at reservations and future availability.
- To be able to handle group arrival based on information provided in the group resume.
- Complete the bucket and credit check procedure.
- Know the operations of other front office departments (guest services concierge, bellstand, reservations….)
- Greet guests on a personal basis whenever possible, maintain a professional and friendly manner on a consistent basis.
- Ensure HotSos is being used in the appropriate manner to keep Managers and other departments informed.
- Ensure there are no check-outs with balances due.
- Any other task either written or verbally defined by the Front Desk Manager
Recommended Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year Customer Service experience.
- Experience with HMS or similar Lodging Software preferred.
- Efficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and web based systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and use good judgment.
- Friendly, warm and enthusiastic personality.
- Based on performance this position can lead to a higher classification in the department (i.e. Front Desk– Level III); performance is determined based on the results from regular inspections, following LHW standards, quality and quantity of work.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be in uniform; a clean and neat appearance is a must. Your uniform must be pressed and your nametag must be in place.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for the duration of the shift, 8-12 hours.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posting ID: 567923847Posted: 2020-10-31