SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor - supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States - as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.At SpartanNash, relationships matter
and working on the Supply Chain/Distribution team isn't just about how we serve our customers, it's about how we treat our associates. We want you to feel valued as an individual and as part of our team. Our culture is vibrant and associates want to stay here because we have good people. It's not unusual to see longevity of 25+ years at our facilities. We share a sense of pride and are excited to contribute to the company's prosperity.
A day in the life of a Warehouse Support Staff is never the same but, in this role, you would be expected to provide clerical support within the distribution center, supporting warehouse operations with data entry, maintaining files, processing warehouse shipping and receiving paperwork, etc. in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.What you'll Do:
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- Provide clerical support for various warehouse operations as assigned, such as shipping/receiving, inventory control, selection, loading and general warehouse operations as necessary and according to established processes
- Create and process work orders and receiving and shipping paperwork, (i.e., bills of lading, purchase orders, packing slips, invoices.) and prioritize orders as needed
- Validate data from various sources to ensure documentation is accurate
- Work with external customers (i.e., vendors, delivery drivers) and warehouse/transportation personnel accordingly to ensure efficient workflow of assigned processes, and work with supervisor to research and resolve issues or discrepancies in paperwork accordingly
- Process and prepare order selector and general warehouse related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Perform clerical tasks such as, but not limited to, data entry; copy, fax and/or print documents; filing and maintaining department files and records accordingly
- Maintain department/distribution office supply inventory and order supplies as needed
- High School Diploma (Preferred) or GED preferred
- Good Written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good data entry skills and attention to detail
- Effective organization and prioritization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; may occasionally need to lift over 20 pounds (with or without assistance). The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more!
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Posting ID: 555041110Posted: 2020-07-14