Business Development Director – Greater Boston (*Remote)
This is a remote position that will require frequent travel in Boston area and occasional travel to some the company’s Global laboratory locations.
We are looking for a highly experienced oncology/inflammation preclinical discovery expert in Boston area to become part of the scientific engagement team, working directly with clients to enhance their discovery efforts through research outsourcing.
- Direct scientific engagement with pharmaceutical company scientists, clients and decision makers with the goal of providing high level scientific input in study design and model execution to determine how, and when their discovery and translational programs would benefit from the company’s preclinical oncology/inflammation services.
- Support the Company’s Business Development (BD) goals to secure orders and deepen account penetration through increasing the quality and quantity of meetings with pharmaceutical company scientist; ensure the best possible exchange of information for new opportunities between BD and the scientific team; generate protocols, study designs and proposals to define projects/studies and associated prices.
- Co-travel with BD (~50% of the time) to various clients and potential clients in Boston aera to support scientific discussion of Company’s services and capabilities.
- Represent the Company at relevant scientific and industry conferences, including preparation of oral presentations and/or poster presentations.
- Work closely with internal R&D to gain insight of new developments and contribute to R&D strategy
- Support the continued development of company based scientific marketing collateral and web materials.
- A PhD in the required field of expertise
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in laboratory or pharmaceutical industry in areas specifically relevant to Company services; must include a minimum of 5 years’ working within the pharmaceutical or biotech industries in order to assure familiarity with customer needs/experience
- Broad experience and hands-on drug development expertise including study/project design, monitoring, issue management and overall consultancy
- Desired experience in biomarker discovery/development.
- Located in Boston with desired understanding of the local biotech industry
- Good communication skills
For immediate consideration, apply today! Contact Toni for further inquiries at 714 454 8252 OR TONM369@kellyservices.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Posting ID: 605992015Posted: 2021-03-03