Hyndman Area Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and is seeking a Full-time Certified Medical Assistant to provide clinical support to healthcare providers in a busy medical facility. The ideal candidate may be required to travel and work between three (3) separate facilities, located in Hyndman, Bedford, and Johnstown.
Medical Assistant Duties:
- Immediately triages seriously ill patients and notifies nursing and/or provider staff.
- Maintains a smooth flow of patients into exam rooms as a top priority.
- Obtains accurate vital signs, as indicated:
- Obtains accurate and appropriate medical history for medical patient’s chart.
- Accurately updates all flow charts, including medication flow chart, per visit.
- Cooperatively assists medical providers with procedures (as trained by provider).
- Restocks supplies in exam rooms
- Keeps exam rooms clean and presentable for patient care. Ensures surgical instruments are sterilized and restocked and pelvic trays are restocked.
- Disinfects/cleans exam rooms (all surfaces) after each patient visit.
- Documents follow-through with appropriate personnel and patient/chart in progress notes written documentation of follow-through – top priority.
- Answers telephone and triages all incoming, outgoing, and inter-office calls in a professional and respectful manner.
- Communicates with billing department regarding any progress or problems.
- Uses appropriate medical record documentation guidelines and techniques at all times.
- 2 years of medical assisting preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant degree required
- CPR Certification required
Posting ID: 566171940Posted: 2020-08-05