Assistant General Manager
Position Summary: The Assistant Restaurant General Manager works under the direction of the Restaurant General Manager to provide our guests a superior dining experience with friendly, quick, accurate service in a clean and safe environment. The ARGM is responsible for the daily activities and operations of the restaurant including guest service, food preparation to meet brand standards, staffing, team development and administrative functions.
I. Primary Job Duties
The position of the Assistant Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the following major duties and tasks:
1. Creates a World Class Guest Experience
- Creates an in store service environment that exceeds guest expectations with regard to friendly, quick and accurate service. Builds team understanding and commitment to guest service standards.
- Provides guests a “brand right” environment in which to place their orders, receive their food and dine inside the restaurant.
- Communicates and follows-up with guests to obtain feedback and identify service and food quality improvement opportunities.
- Provides guest satisfaction by assisting and resolving all complaints in person or by phone,
- Ensures that all incoming calls are handled in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
2. Delivers Exceptional Brand Standards, Cleanliness and Safety
- Monitors and ensures all menu products are prepared and served according to standard procedures.
- Ensures that all product holding times are strictly observed.
- Ensures that product displays on the counter or in the display case are properly rotated and attractively displayed.
- Maintains standard procedures for receiving, handling, and storage of food products.
- Monitors and assists with all assigned housekeeping duties to provide a clean and organized restaurant.
- Ensures that all tasks are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Inspects and ensures the outside grounds and parking lot are properly maintained to create a brand right environment.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to all safety and security policies and procedures.
3. Builds Talented Teams
- Assists the RGM in recruiting, interviewing and hiring hourly team members. Effectively manages all new hire paperwork.
- Partners with RGM to conduct All Star Training modules for specific positions.
- Assists RGM in completing performance appraisals for team members.
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members to develop skills and work habits.
4. Communicates Openly With Manager and Team Members
- Listens and follows directions.
- Assigns job duties to team members and ensures successful completion of all assignments and activities.
- Provides feedback to team members on job expectations and standards.
- Monitors team member dress code, professional appearance and attendance and provides feedback on compliance.
- Responds positively to feedback.
- Is honest and courteous when communicating with guests, team members, vendors, and managers.
- Communicates positively about the company.
5. Demonstrates and Fosters Team Work
- Supports Company values, goals, and work rules.
- Offers help without being asked in all areas of the restaurant.
- Works well with team members and creates a positive work environment.
- Recognizes and rewards team member performance.
- Keeps supervisor informed of work related issues.
6. Manages Staffing Plans and Financial Reports
- Assists RGM in preparing weekly staffing plans.
- Monitors compliance to schedules and attendance to maintain proper service levels.
- Analyzes key operating reports and provides recommendations to RGM.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Partners with RGM to execute marketing strategies and activities to achieve sales plan.
7. Performs Administrative Duties as Assigned
- Monitors and performs opening and closing duties as required.
- Completes required shift reports such as the week sales report, bank deposit slips, the cash and inventory worksheet.
- Enters inventory and payroll data as required.
- Ensures compliance to established cash handling and security processes.
- Adheres to company policy and procedure for bank deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager/Assistant General Manager.
II. Technical and Other Skills Required:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, access to an automobile during shifts, and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have access to a telephone 24 hours a day.
- Must be available to work a minimum schedule of 50-55 hours per week including weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work temporarily at other restaurant locations.
- Must have 1 year of supervisory experience in the restaurant industry, AA degree preferred.
Posting ID: 608677484Posted: 2021-02-24