As a highly visible member of the property's Leadership Team, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) serves as a key liaison for hotel guests and functions as a right hand to the General Manager, while concurrently supporting Front Office operations and other operating departments such as Housekeeping/Laundry, and Food & Beverage. They will serve as a role model for Avantic Lodging Enterprises's mission, vision and values, and will work in a hands-on capacity to maximize the overall efficiency and profitability of the hotel.
Working in close partnership with other department heads, the AGM is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to the hotel's day-to-day operations, and for creating an energized and positive work environment that results in the delivery of exceptional guest service.
- Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of hotel facilities, services and amenities.
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
- Oversee hotel administrative processes such as staffing, training and budgeting/finance toensure proper planning and organization.
- Support the hotel's sales and business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Partner with GM to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for frontline staff in all departments.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guestsatisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, food & beverage,transportation, housekeeping, laundry, banquets, conference services and maintenance.
- Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
- Drive effective communication across all departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness andunderstanding of objectives and priorities.
- Address and respond to guest comments on travel review sites, comment cards or othermediums.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure propersupply levels.
- Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- Approve and process vendor invoices, complete bank deposits, audit cash banks and performother accounting-related functions as necessary.
- Maintain the integrity of the hotel's compliance with the company's safety and security programand ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Analyze and evaluate hotel performance by compiling statistics such as occupancy and laborreports and guest satisfaction index.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Other tasks, projects and duties when needed, as assigned by the General Manager.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- A minimum of 2 years' previous hotel operations and leadership experience, to include successful management of a large staff and focus on exceptional guest service.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling.
- Previous experience in executing against operating budgets, with an established history ofmeeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplishcommon goals.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure thehighest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Previous experience with a major hotel brand is a plus (ie: Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, etc.).
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights,weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, andstooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Posting ID: 593768356Posted: 2021-01-17