Director of Business Development and Partnerships
Business Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Employee Title: DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & PARTNERSHIPS
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Are you strategically aware about the trends in legal tech industry and the client base it serves?
Do you enjoy fostering business relationships and partnerships among key players in the industry for strategic alliances that serve mutual benefits?
Are you systematic, process- and detail-detail driven in building, developing and negotiating partnership contracts?
Are you driven by rewards, compensation and success in business development cycle and process?
If your answer is yes to above questions, please read on and apply to the position.
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the 'Desktop to Courthouse' workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets (Court Rules Based Calendaring) , Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
THE POSITION'S PURPOSE:
The Director of Business Development & Partnerships is part of the company's executive team under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
The role's primary goal is to drive, manage and execute business development activities and partnerships and strategic alliances within the legal tech community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Discover and build stronger market position by identifying, locating, developing, defining and closing business relationships through business partnerships, joint projects, co-ops, integration, collaboration and strategic alliances.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach in identifying and sourcing of partnership opportunities through lead follow-up, gaining knowledge of client processes and requirements, identifying key players within the industry and evaluating added value propositions and generate interest among identified partners
- Design and propose potential business deals with viable partners consistent with market strategies, deal requirements and financial objectives with optimum mutual benefits.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies, products and operations by partnering with other companies, vendors, service providers and industry leaders.
- Leverage on the company's products, services and processes and position in the industry and align with potential partners' needs and goals.
- Examines risks and potentials for the business opportunities, evaluate options and resolve internal objectives and priorities. Recommend investments as required.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Collaborate with senior management and other departments to align internal goals with new partner relationships
- Deliver great experience to partners and act as the brand ambassador and liaison between partners as well as within the company (internally).
- Forecast, measure and report the results of all business partnerships and joint ventures.
- Build and keep great ongoing relationships with partners and offer new ways to grow the partnership.
- Business partnerships include but not limited to:
- Joint servicing of common customers
- Providing additional services filling the gaps in partners' delivery of the services
- Cross sale of each other's products and services
- API integration and/or other process integration
- White labeling of ALN/company's products and services
- Replacement of sunset partners' products
- Development of joint products and services
- Acquisition or sharing of customer base
- Joint or co-op marketing and outreach programs
- Such business opportunities will be identified across all of the company's product suite that includes eDockets Calendaring (Court Rules Based Calendaring) and Alerts, Forms Workflow, eFiling, Professional Services and any new product introductions.
- Seasoned with professional maturity
- 5 years of experience in business development and partnerships
- Highly developed commercial skills, negotiation and influencing at the highest level are a prerequisite of the role.
- Dynamic and passionate approach to the role
- Clear strategic thinking combined with a practical approach and close attention to detail.
- Ability to influence at executive level and a natural at developing cross-functional relationships
- Great communicator and convincing presenter of ideas
- Deep knowledge of legal tech industry and law firms, and the key players and decision makers
Educational Qualifications and Skills
- Must have BS/BA in business administration or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience in selling, business development and partnership contract negotiations
- Must have a keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities based on prior experience.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills
- Focus, determination, and a willful sales attitude
Salary dependent on experience. Will be a mix of an attractive base salary and bonus. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment.