Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric C02 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job openings and requirements below:
Senior Quality Engineer leads, develops, coaches, and trains the QA Plant team, including all direct reports. Implements Impossible Foods food safety and quality assurance programs for the plant and external manufacturing to ensure compliance with FSMA and GFSI requirements. Facilitate problem solving and develop a culture of Food safety and product quality continuous improvement. Develop and manage a quality scorecard to monitor performance against established metrics. Assist R&D and product development department with projects as assigned. Develop and coach a team of FSQA and Sanitation supervisors, leads and technicians to success.
- Provide technical guidance, analysis, and leadership driving improvements in sanitation processes/systems, and food manufacturing processes
- Assess process capability across key product platforms
- Compile and analyze KPIs indicative of production line health (quality performance, microbiological quality, preventive maintenance, sanitation effectiveness, etc.) and drive improvement actions
- Support the analysis of customer and consumer feedback to identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive improvement by implementing corrective actions
- Troubleshoot non-conformances (raw materials, packaging, product, environmental monitoring, etc.) and drive root cause analysis
- Assign corrective action, collaborate with supply-quality and other functions, and follow-up on completion
- Support the validation of cleaning effectiveness via the Neptune (sanitation) program
- Lead change management processes related to new products, packaging, equipment, production processes, etc
- Support plant GFSI and FSMA initiatives and participate as a member of the Food Safety Team
- Support the development of quality and sanitation SOPs
- Provide training and mentoring to operations teams on food safety and quality related topics to develop a strong quality culture
- A Bachelor's Degree in a science related field (Microbiology, Food Safety, or similar) or other technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in the dairy/food/beverage manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience
- Ideally certified ASQ Quality Engineer
- HACCP Certification
- Proven ability to establish, optimize and maintain world-class quality system and team
- Ideally LSSGB or LSSBB certified or experience using structured and data driven problem-solving techniques (DMAIC, LEAN, TPM, Zero Loss work culture, etc.)
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- The ability to influence others and be a team player
- The ability to develop/implement core work practices and standards that ensure excellence in quality
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve complicated quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- The ability to multitask and manage priorities while allocating time to long-term, quality continuous improvement projects
- Strong "self-management" skills and be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Established project management skills
- Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with various levels of plant and corporate personnel and influence others
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.