Job Description:Job Description
Agility DGS Americas is seeking a Logistics Expeditor for six-month assignment. We are looking for a motivated individual who excels in organization with an attention to details, time-management, communication, and problem solving, and supporting customers' account management in a fast-paced logistics environment. Our Values Integrity
: building trust with customers, communities, suppliers and colleagues by doing what is right Personal Ownership
: adheres to the values and standards and code of business ethics associated with Agility, and takes responsibly for actions Teamwork
: Capable of working across organizational and cultural boundaries to achieve extraordinary results Excellence
: We build a culture based on superior performance and execution to better serve our customers. Key Responsibilities
Job RequirementsWork Environment
- Expedite materials and services for on time freight schedules
- Track and trace resources, schedules, and inventory movement
- Review systems progress, troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
- Maintain forms, files, and reports with 100% degree of accuracy and compliance
- Communicate to logistics team, providers and customers (e.g., regarding invoicing, schedule changes, delays, resource availability, etc.)
- Provide regular internal and external performance reports
- Assist and provide cover to the project team
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job's duties, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is often required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance and close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
The work will be performed mainly in an office, in and around office equipment. Communication and Working Relationships
Possesses strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear direction when troubleshooting issues and providing a solution-based response to questions. Position requires experience and comfort when verbally communicating with and presenting to various co-workers, clients, vendors, and officials. Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Experience Level
Other Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in logistics and or supply chain management
- Minimum 2 years' experience in expediting
- Experience in inventory control
- Microsoft Excel
- 2 - 3 years' experience with freight forwarding, shipping or supply chain management of pharmaceuticals
- Logistics experience handling climate controlled pharmaceuticals
- Contract experience working independently on location at a client site
Statement of Non-Inclusivity:
- Customer Orientation: High
- Communication: High
- Personal Ownership & Accountability: High
- Professionalism: High
- Business Orientation [Agility]: Moderate
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities given to any employee. The key responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position. About this Company
Agility Defense & Government Services is the public sector arm of Agility, which has more than 500 offices in 100+countries and a network of global transportation, warehousing, and storage capabilities.
Agility DGS provides complete supply chain management, logistics services, and commodity services to customers worldwide. CLICK HERE for more information on Agility DGS.
Agility is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all applicants are welcome; to include fair and impartial consideration for applicants with legally protected statuses such as Females /Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.