Company Name: Baker's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide technical assistance to the Pharmacist in all areas that a non-pharmacist can legally perform. Provide prompt, courteous customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform functions and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Clerk.
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service.
- Utilize, update, and maintain data on Pharmacy computer system.
- Operate cash register and scanning terminal.
- Maintain Pharmacy files and records.
- Order prescription merchandise from specified sources.
- Process Third Party transactions and forms.
- Call doctors' offices for refill authorizations.
- Fill and package nursing home accounts under direction of pharmacist.
- Process prescriptions and maintain related systems under direction of pharmacist.
- Able to effectively communicate with customers and associates.
- Keep floors, clean, safe, and free from clutter.
- Make a friendly impression on customers.
- Keep inventory of current medications and process orders for new medication shipments.
- Stock shelves with medications.
- Follow all current rules and duties of the Pharmacy, Company, and State and Federal laws.
- Must keep work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy when dealing with people.
- Must be able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins.
- Able to interact with doctors' offices.
- Able to effectively use Pharmacy computer system and equipment.
- Able to perform Pharmacy clerk and/or checker duties.
- Confidentially regarding customer records is expected as a condition of ongoing employment.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification or pass certification exam.
- Vocabulary in pharmacy terms and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of common drugs, dosage forms, and generic names.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Pharmacy technician work experience or similar experience.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, and safety.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NE || Omaha || 13250 W Maple Rd || 68164 || Baker's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Pharmacy; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License