At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (MacMiller) we make buildings work better. As the Northwests leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1200 employees across 10 offices there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and its because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, its an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. Its possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Graphic Designer: This is where you come in.
Were looking for a Graphic Designer to help bring our visions to life. You will use your creative skills to translate and express the MacDonald-Miller brand into all internal and external marketing collateral, including client presentation materials, web presence, social media and more. Were looking for someone who possesses a passion for executing superb graphic design in a fast-paced creative environment. In return for achieving aggressive goals, youll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than youve probably ever had.
Top 4 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- Work with the Marketing team to design and produce graphics for digital, website, social media, display ads, and email campaigns.
- Develop concepts and layouts for projects including but not limited to, promotion branding, collateral, direct mail, brochures, presentations, website design, and other digital applications to communicate brand objectives.
- Keep current with new media, industry developments, tools, and trends.
- Establish procedures, templates, and best practices to ensure order, consistency, clarity, and conciseness in style and appearance of department deliverables.
The Graphic Designer reports to Nicole Martin / Marketing Manager on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have
- 3+ years of professional experience in graphic design, web/app design, or similar studio experience.
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Advanced experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Professional-level knowledge of HTML & CSS.
And everyone you work with should describe you as
- Highly collaborative and communicative
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Open and receptive to coaching, quickly able to assimilate feedback
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where youll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
And you should be motivated by
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Our Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in the SoDo area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants & breweries, nearby stadium events and convenient freeway/airport access.
Interested to learn more?
If youre ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation!